OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Savage 93R17 TR With SS 16X42

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saborthw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Savage 93R17 TR With SS 16X42
    Posted: July/19/2010 at 10:59
I went to the Range yesterday for the first time to break in  my new Savage 93R17 TR with the SS 16X42 scope, I purchased last week. Needless to say I am very happy with both the Scope and the rifle. I shot these dots at 50 yards.. Next trip to the range I will go the rifle range and see what she can do at 100 yards and beyond. The top dot only has 4 holes I missed the last shot , the bottom has all 5 Shots. I wanted to thank the Guys here on the Forum for the advise on the SS Scope, the Scope is definitely a winner !!!!

Scott

lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 11:25
Nice rig, glad your happy, keep us posted.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 21:05
Way to go Scott,as above keep us posted.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
saborthw View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saborthw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2010 at 18:02
I went back to the range this morning set my target out to 100 yards and to my surprise 16X SS scope was not enough magnification for me to accurately group  5 shots on 1 inch pasters at that range. I went back to 50 yards and 16X was just fine for that range..... I have Open Angle Glaucoma..... I guess that may have something to to with it, anyway will need more scope to shoot one inch pasters at 100 yards. The search for more magnification continues !!!!!! 

Scott
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic