OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scope for .308

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2010 at 13:11
I think you'll find a lot to like about the Premier. Do make sure you're comfortable with the reticle choice. I like the Gen 2 mil-dot just fine and consider the XR reticles a little thin @ low magnification. http://www.premierreticles.com/technical/ Some of the best features are:

1) The placement of the illumination control
2) The MTC clicks (licensed from USO)
3) The tool-less zero reset
4) The turrets themselves

Much thought went into the engineering and practicality of these scopes and they're well-made. The glass is beautiful. About the only complaints I've heard that I take seriously are both relatively minor:

1) Dust and sand sometimes get around the lens covers in extreme environments (add something like a ScopeShield)

2) The clicker metal in the turrets was a little soft in early scopes. Premier will gladly mail you a replacement set. I got one just to have around and have yet to feel any need to replace them.

Urimaginaryfrnd's suggestion of the Rem. 5R Mil-spec isn't bad. I went that route but you will have to send the stainless steel barrel and action off the be nitrided or similar to make it more discreet. I have always loved my LTR for various reasons, among them its dark parkerized finish. I like the 5R better and it shoots like a dream for $1K. But man, could Remington have just not gone with the matte silver finish?
Reaction time is a factor...
Ripper‏ View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ripper‏ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2010 at 13:22
I just got off the phone with Randy @ PR and he said the scopes are being sent out in about 2 weeks to (PI?) in Canada and going to distributors whoever ordered them 1st. He said these scopes have some improvement's made from review's and the shot show.

Well with that being said I am going to get on the phone here and start making some phone calls to see where I can land one of these.

RiP
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2010 at 14:38
SWFA should have them inbound.

I agree on the 5R, money well spent.

And, of the PR reticles, I too go for the mil dot.  I am no fan of busy reticles.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Ripper‏ View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ripper‏ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2010 at 21:17
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

SWFA should have them inbound.

I agree on the 5R, money well spent.

And, of the PR reticles, I too go for the mil dot.  I am no fan of busy reticles.

I called them and they hhad no record of having any on orderad. All the PR Hetitage's are going to Canada for some company to ship them out... Contracts and business can be weird sometimes. They than ship them to whatever company put shipments in from there. Maybe they helped fun PR?

I called around and I think it was Liberty Optic's that was expecting them in around mid august. I'm going to call Liberty Optic's back up and see if I can pre-order.

Cheers,
RiP
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2010 at 09:42
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

As for the Hide, I like the Hide, I am a member, but the testosterone levels can be off the chart.  I much prefer the tone of Optics Talk.  Some guys there are the real deal, many are not.  As with all things optics, be wary of those doling out second or thrid-hand info (quoting from wiki articles are gun mags); a surprising number of optics and fire arms "experts" have no real knowledge.

Carry on.

Right.. why do people weigh in that have no direct experience with the product?
I am lurking and learning as I do not have the experience and expertise on this subject..
good info though

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic