OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

AR-15 Flip up rear sight.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AR-15 Flip up rear sight.
    Posted: July/16/2010 at 22:33
Ok, so this is kinda funny that I have been on the forum for a while, and it just occurred to me that I have no idea where to post a topic on iron sights, so I put it here.  I am sure I will be thoroughly educated as where I should have put it.

So, a while ago, I put a Aimpoint Comp M2 on my AR.  I have a fixed front sight, but now I need a flip up rear sight.  Looking for recommendations.  What do you guys use?
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2010 at 23:49
I have a YHM flip up rear sight.  I got it because it was quite a bit cheaper than the others I had looked at.  It seems to work fine for me.  It's amazing how expensive some of those little things are.Big Smile
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2010 at 05:39
+1 on the YHM, also can't go wrong with the Midwest Industries models- solidly built stuff.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2010 at 14:44
Originally posted by helo18 helo18 wrote:

So, a while ago, I put a Aimpoint Comp M2 on my AR.  I have a fixed front sight, but now I need a flip up rear sight.  Looking for recommendations.  What do you guys use?

Well as far as I'm concerned, the Yankee Hill mentioned by the others, will serve you well enough for a back up IF...your Aimpoint were to fail at a critical moment.
I have one with my Aimpoint Micro and shoot iron sites maybe 25% of the time and it's good enough.

You bought an Aimpoint M2 afterall and the odds of it failing you are remote enough that I think it's rather silly to spend too much $$$ for a "Gucci" BUIS, like a $120 Troy.

(Troy makes GREAT stuff, so no hate mail from the Troy leg humpers please.)
Wink      
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2010 at 21:07
Yeah, I did get the M2 after all, and I love it, which I knew I would.  I ended up getting the YHM sight.  Forget what model since it got backordered.  Showed up at the PO Box today but I couldn't get it, so I will have to post some pics tomorrow after I get it and put in on the AR.  Thanks for the suggestions!!
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
ougunnut View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ougunnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/2010 at 13:03

I like the Matech 600yd BUIS

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/2010 at 13:32
I got a YHM rear I will sell you.  It is to tall to work under my accupoint.  Its the YHM-9680

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/2010 at 13:50
Troy makes the best, and lowest profile flip up on the market. Not even close.  
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic