OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Archery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Quiver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quiver
    Posted: July/14/2010 at 13:16
I am looking for a new quiver for my bow.  I want one that is small and lightweight.  dont care to much about number of arrows it will hold.  Ca-Belas had a 4 arrow quiver from Vortex that was nice and I had planned on getting but they dont' have it online anymore so I guess its discontinued haven't checked into it anymore, I know i can find it somewhere but is it any good.  What do you guys recommend?

Edited by SVT_Tactical - July/14/2010 at 13:17
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2010 at 13:41
Kwikee Kwiver® 4-Arrow

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2010 at 14:18
  Been using a Bohning Pinnacle Lite(w/foam in hood) for yrs.  It's QUIET.

Tried a Bohning(Lynx series?)w/o foam in the hood but it had a buzz I couldn't get out of it.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2010 at 14:37

Thanks for the input guys.  I just wanna know what to look for when i decide to order one.  Planning on having it here for when i return so hopefully can get one ordered before Friday.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2010 at 14:44
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Kwikee Kwiver® 4-Arrow

What about the Kwikee Kwik 3 arrow? 
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2010 at 15:30
What ever you decide on, make sure it "detaches" fairly easily.  I have a friction fit quiver and I hate it, I don't know how many time I've torn my fingers up taking it off and yes this usually happens when my fingers are already stinging from the cold.  Enough whining, buy a new one.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2010 at 16:29
Originally posted by lucytuma lucytuma wrote:

What ever you decide on, make sure it "detaches" fairly easily.  I have a friction fit quiver and I hate it, I don't know how many time I've torn my fingers up taking it off and yes this usually happens when my fingers are already stinging from the cold.  Enough whining, buy a new one.

Amen!  This is one reason why I DON'T like attaching my quiver to my bow (the others being that it sometimes gets in the way of brush and other obstructions when shooting and it makes your bow somewhat imbalanced).  Instead, I use a "Sidewinder" quiver adapter that attaches to my belt.  It has the QD Kwikee Kwiver style attachment so I can carry my quiver on the side of my hip the same as if it were on the bow.  It also rotates so you can carry the quiver at whatever angle you wish.  http://www.sportsandrectec.com/archerytech/sidewinder.asp
If I'm going to or from a stand and I'm faced with only a brief shot opportunity and don't have time to remove it, it doesn't get in the way of anything while I'm shooting my bow.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2010 at 21:52
maybe try a Spot-N-Stalk Quiver Pack? i bought one here this spring, haven't used it much really. seem to pretty damn good thus far.

I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2010 at 07:33
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Kwikee Kwiver® 4-Arrow

What about the Kwikee Kwik 3 arrow? 

I just liked it better than the 3 arrow( no real reason why). I have the clip like you put on your bow to use this with on all my stands. When I get in stand I clip it to my stand and hang my bow on a tree close by. deer walks up, I slowly grab bow. Then interduce arrow to deer or tree.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2010 at 12:35
I hunt mostly with a Catquiver(backback style).............I think mine is a III . I have had it a while . It holds all of my gear and and when I climb up the tree I just hang it next to me. Very quiet and not on my bow . I actually do not like stalk hunting mulies with it........which is why I bought it........it hits me on the back of the head and pushes my head down,while crawling...........but stand hunting it's awesome !!
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2010 at 06:48
Attached to the bow is convienent for transport but, not good at all for shooting. The risk of unwanted noise is too much. I haven't seen one yet that detaches easy or quiet so I plan to use a hip or back pack style this yr. Three arrows just aren't enough. You need atleast three for deer and two for the passing fox, cat or groundhog. Preditor control is continually 

necessary and all landowner/farmers expect you to dispatch them tractor traps.

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2010 at 09:54
i use an alpine 5 arrow, its pretty tight with broadheads on
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2010 at 13:47
Not only have the quiver attached to your bow cause unwanted noise it will throw the balance off as well. Your bow will lean to whatever side you have your quiver on.
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2010 at 16:25
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

I also use an Alpine quiver. It removes / installs easily, and is quiet. I remove it when I get to the stand though...I don't like shooting when it's attached.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2010 at 16:40
 I'm gonna admit that I both hunt and practice with and without my quiver attached.  I've been doing it for yrs.  FOR ME it works. 
 Of course I also,although not as much as I use to,practice shooting my rifle lefty even though I'm a righty. You just never know when in may come in handy.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2010 at 20:13
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

I also use an Alpine quiver. It removes / installs easily, and is quiet. I remove it when I get to the stand though...I don't like shooting when it's attached.

me tooExcellent
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2010 at 12:19
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

I'm gonna admit that I both hunt and practice with and without my quiver attached.  I've been doing it for yrs.  FOR ME it works. 
 Of course I also,although not as much as I use to,practice shooting my rifle lefty even though I'm a righty. You just never know when in may come in handy.
  I try to shoot my rifle like every time i go out shooting,(going righty to lefty) i've never really had my quiver attached to  my bow try it few times did care for it. but thats me

Edited by hunterwingler - July/18/2010 at 12:20

02Silver View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 02Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2010 at 23:42

That is what I use as well.  Even standardized my two and the son's Mission because I liked it that much.
REP View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2010 at 14:46

I just picked one of these up myself; I like it so far and it is well made. From what I have found you would have to spend a good bit more from most other manufactures to get this kind of quality.
If your on a budget +2 for alpine though I don't know if you could get any more at any price.
Enough is to much.
trjones87 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trjones87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/02/2010 at 18:11
Apex has a good quiver for about 50
Personally I own an octane bantamweight and the one piece. The one piece is very story but very heavy. The bantam weight is my favorite by far. They run around 75, very easy to adjust to how you want it and very light
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic