OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swarovski TDS reticls vs. BR reticle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacktails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swarovski TDS reticls vs. BR reticle
    Posted: July/13/2010 at 14:58
Can anyone give me some insight as to which Swarovski reticle is better for general hunting out to 400 or 450 yards, the TDS or the BR?  Shots would be from 70 yds out to 250 typically, but with the right gear possibly 400-450.  What are the advantages of one over the other?
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2010 at 11:17
I like the TDS more. For my personal eyes the BR is to cluttered.
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
kelly1278 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelly1278 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2010 at 16:01
i agree with Chris br is cluttered
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2010 at 16:12
I have a TDS and like it.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2010 at 23:07
I had a Swaro BR reticle and sent it back for the 4A because I did not care for it. I have a TDS on a Kahles and like it alot, plus I have 2 Conquests with Rapid Z and like em both very much, they are numbered which makes for quick shots as you do not have to think about what line is what.. The Swaro BR would be fine if you had plenty of time to take for a shot, yeah like thats gonna happen often...
blacktails View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacktails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2010 at 18:14
Well, I hesitated too long and missed out on the unexpected deal that was available to me for one of these.  I just didn't have enough info about these two reticles to go for it when the deal presented itself.  Oh well, more $$ than I really wanted to spend anyway.  I had also previously missed out on the Kahles CL3-9 with 4A because I thought I had enough time to wait another day, and by then they were gone. 

So, to make myself feel better, I went with my original plan and placed my order today for a Trijicon 3-9x40 TR20G, which has the green triangle reticle.  Saw this scope when I was at Cabela's recently, and was really impressed by it, especially with that particular reticle.  Looks like a very high quality scope.
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2010 at 18:22
 Im glad you found that Trijicon 3x9x40, Im pretty sure you will not be sorry. I would like to have one also, Ive looked thru them alot and heard nothing but god things about them from folks who have alot of optics experience,    I just don't need one though dang it, maybe I'll just pretend I do and another rifle as well, LOL! Congrats to YOU Blacktails Dude.
tjtjwdad View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjtjwdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2010 at 19:32
I have the BR and for my application it's great (copious quanities of small critters from a bench).  Also, the BR has thin marks so I would keep that in mind if you think you may use it during the early morning or late evening hours in wooded areas.

HTH,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic