OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Rapid Reticle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rapid Reticle
    Posted: October/17/2005 at 19:47
I acquired a RapidReticle scope to test out from a friend.  Very interesting was my thoughts when I saw them and talked to John Pride at the Shot show last year.  At anyrate, the reticle was calibrated for Fed GM308M load which I shoot at work.

Once zeroed at 100 yards, you had to work hard to miss.  Though there was no value of crosswinds at the range that day, targets were easily engaged out to 580 yards by just holding on the correct range on the reticle.  My 13 year old had never shot a 308 prior to that day and made it look real easy.  The reticle is in the forward focal plane on this 3-9 which makes it real nice to get the "boldness" of the crosshairs the way you like them for the size of the target.

I have not taken the time as of yet to shoot using the wind hold marks on the reticle to check for value or accuracy (no data comes with the owner's paperwork on this subject).  I cannot state the value of the scope as a tactical scope yet (though in my work environment 200 yards is about all I ll ever encounter (at the most); but from my hunting experiences it would make a great deer and elk scope!  More time on the range will tell me more.
sscoyote View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sscoyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2005 at 22:40
Hey Mike-- just saw the post here. I also have a 3-9X 32mm Rapid Reticle with the "22 LR" trajectory specific reticle that gives 20 MOA of trajectory compensation that i'll be putting on an XP-100 20 BR handgun for coyotes as soon as the rig';s built. IMO their design is the best hunting ballistic reticle going. When they sent me the scope they also gave me a spec. sheet on the stadia subtensions, as well as windage. The windage is supposed to be equal to a 10 mph wind, with 4 vertical stadia along it that correspond to 2.5 mph wind. But i wouldn't assume that about yours. If u e-mail them they'll send u the specs.
Steve
PappaBear View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PappaBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2007 at 15:54

Mike,

Which Rapid Z reticle did you get?  600-800-1000- Varmint?

I just posted a question on rapid Z see below.  This is already posted.  Give me your thoughts.  thanks

I have an A-Bolt 270 with a Bushnell 4200 2.5-10X50.  I just bought a Tikka T3 22-250.  I am buying the Zeiss 4.5-14X50 scope for it.  I am wondering which Rapid Z reticle to buy.  They have the Rapid Z 600 or 800 or 1000 or Varmint.  For my 22-250, it is suggested that I should get theVarmint reticle.  However, I really want the Rapid Z600 and expect it should be fine for my 22-250, with its built in BDC.  Also, one day I may want to switch my scopes around to another rifle, and hate to limit that scope to a varmint gun.

I am hoping to be able to use the Rapid Z 600 on my 22-250 and want to know if there is a real big difference, or would it be too confusing to try to use the BDC of a Rapid Z 600 on my 22-250.  How much difference is there in the reticle calculations between the 600 800 1000 & Varmit.  Or, are they more alike than different.

I know these are new scopes, but the concept is not new.  Anyone please chime in with your thoughts.  Thanks in advance!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic