OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need information on Leupold’s warranty or servic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Need information on Leupold’s warranty or servic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need information on Leupold’s warranty or servic
    Posted: July/09/2010 at 07:55
< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 12">
Enough is to much.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2010 at 08:12
I would try another scope first to make sure its is indeed the scope and nothing else.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2010 at 08:14
Leupold has one of the best C.S. departments in the industry period.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
REP View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2010 at 08:20
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

I would try another scope first to make sure its is indeed the scope and nothing else.

Good idea although I am thinking that it may not be a bad idea to have them go through it as long as I have had it anyway.
Enough is to much.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2010 at 08:56
Sometimes once you mess with something thats working fine, it never acts right anymore after..... just a thought
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
REP View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2010 at 09:57
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Sometimes once you mess with something thats working fine, it never acts right anymore after..... just a thought

< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 12">
Enough is to much.
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2010 at 10:12
Originally posted by REP REP wrote:

If this produces the same result I’d say the rings and or bases would be suspect. Cool

Always a good move to check the mounts

Doug
MadMax View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2010 at 23:45
Originally posted by lucytuma lucytuma wrote:

Leupold has one of the best C.S. departments in the industry period.
I never dealt with nicer folks and that keeps many buying their product, they have a very fast turn around time, probably check the scope for free.

Check the mounts as stated & toss a Walmart junker on it to check it at the range - thats how I check, oh yeah I have one of my kids fire the suspect rifle to verify myself.
Trigger slap View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger slap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2010 at 08:57
Is it possible that the scope rings have been overtightened? I would check this before I changed any hardware. 
How can we call it unalienable when we allow it to be suspended revoked or restricted?
REP View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2010 at 19:57
Originally posted by Trigger slap Trigger slap wrote:

Is it possible that the scope rings have been overtightened? I would check this before I changed any hardware. 

Sorry to be slow to respond the wife had a few hoops for me to jump through. Yes it is possible I had the Cabela's people mount the scope and I have know idea of how they go about it. While we are on the subject who makes the best torque wrench for rifle work nowa days??
Enough is to much.
Trigger slap View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger slap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2010 at 20:29
I have a Wheeler fat wrench. I doubt that it is the best, but it certainly does what I need it to do. I would recommend it to anyone.
How can we call it unalienable when we allow it to be suspended revoked or restricted?
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2010 at 20:40
i use a snap-on 1/4" drive torque wrench to do mine 
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
MadMax View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadMax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2010 at 13:01
I have a SK & snap on as well - as far as that goes the torque is not an "absolute" I have torqued rings way above the reco and still had scopes slide after a couple shots, even with all new hardware - torque everything, trial and error till problem is resolved.

This one pictured is a mild 7.62, two sets of weavers - no go, slide no matter how tight I crank them - waiting on Leupold QRW's to arrive - little Sammy pctured is a dead shot 4H veteren who often double checks dad Wink

Good luck with that.

REP View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2010 at 23:44
Originally posted by MadMax MadMax wrote:

I have a SK & snap on as well - as far as that goes the torque is not an "absolute" I have torqued rings way above the reco and still had scopes slide after a couple shots, even with all new hardware - torque everything, trial and error till problem is resolved.

This one pictured is a mild 7.62, two sets of weavers - no go, slide no matter how tight I crank them - waiting on Leupold QRW's to arrive - little Sammy pctured is a dead shot 4H veteren who often double checks dad Wink

Good luck with that.

Thanks for taking the time to post. It sounds like you may have had some bad luck with equipment QC etc. I read an article not long bask that addressed just that subject. Sorry to say I can't reference its location at the moment but will try and remember to PM the link if I were to run across it. Your shooting partner sure looks focused; I love to see woman in the sport. They often are a challenge or best everyone in the field.

Enough is to much.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic