OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Discontinued Bushnell 1.5-6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discontinued Bushnell 1.5-6
    Posted: July/08/2010 at 15:33
Hi, Noob here.

I found an illuminated dot Banner 1.5-6x32 at my stocking dealer.  I have had good luck with my other Banners but none were lit.  I contacted Bushnell and they show that it has been discontinued for a while (more than two years).  Has anyone here had any experience with this scope?  Feature-wise it would suit my need perfectly.  Thanks for any input.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2010 at 15:52
 WELCOME to OT,spyder!!!!!!!

What firearm do you plan on mounting it on?  What chambering?

Edited by 300S&W - July/08/2010 at 15:54
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
spyder View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2010 at 16:17
Hi, Thanks for the welcome.  It would be a place holder for a few years on a AR10 in .308.  I don't shoot past 300yds.  And I like the fact that I could (in a pinch) run both eyes open. 

I went in to look at  Trij TR24G.  On a whim I compared it to the Banner.  As to be expected, the glass in the Trijicon was brighter.  But, overall it did not appear to be 600 or so dollars worth of clarity.  If I recall this Banner was built in Korea, if that makes a difference.  It seemed to be fairly decent for the money.  But, 'seems' is much different than 'is'.  I figured I'd ask the experts.

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2010 at 17:21
 Last fall I sent back (for a friend) a new Dusk to Dawn Banner that the erector assembly came loose in after only 7shts on a hvy bbl .308Win Handi-Rifle.  Granted,Bushnell had a new one in my hands fast but I told the owner I wouldn't use it on anything heavier kicking than a .22 centerfire.  The scope your considering is not the same I don't believe but is still an entry level scope.  Just thought I'd mention it.  Other guys will probably post info to so keep watching.
spyder View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2010 at 20:03
thks for the adv.  I'm tempted to just wait until I can afford the Zeiss 3x9.  decisions decisions.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2010 at 21:51
 The Zeiss is DEFINITELY worth the wait.  I got my first one about 6wks ago.  A 4X. 
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2010 at 22:52
Zeiss is a great scope.  If I had an AR10 in 308, I would personally put a SS Variable 3-9 on it.  Love the one I have.  Probably the best scope I have.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
spyder View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2010 at 03:41
okay......couple more months then with visions of crystal clear glass at the end.
Irons are spot on so I'm not handicapped with out glass, two inches, ten rounds, 80 yds, elbows on knees.  Around here shots will be well shorter than that......and our deer are bigger than two inches.  Thx guys.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2010 at 10:25
Originally posted by spyder spyder wrote:

okay......couple more months then with visions of crystal clear glass at the end.
Irons are spot on so I'm not handicapped with out glass, two inches, ten rounds, 80 yds, elbows on knees.  Around here shots will be well shorter than that......and our deer are bigger than two inches.  Thx guys.

i would wait till the 1x4ss comes out myself, unless you plan on shooting way the hell out there.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
spyder View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2010 at 20:39
Pyro,  What advice do you have regarding the SS1-4 when compared to the Zeiss 3x9?
Thx
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2010 at 20:41
not much its still in the research and development phase right now.
here check this out maybe it will help you a little.
http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=22981

Edited by pyro6999 - July/11/2010 at 20:41
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic