OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Millet tactical scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Millet tactical scope
    Posted: October/17/2005 at 19:39
I was given a Millet 4-16x56 side focus mil dot to play with.  I put it on my LR308 gas gun and got it zeroed.  Had other things to do that day at the range too so did not spend much time with it yet.  But I did notice that with the knob covers removed and looking at the target knobs, the arrow points to the right to adjust up (like my Leupolds) bu the first number that comes around is not '1' it is the long line for 15 then the number 14.  anyone noticed this or had experience with this?  It is not like any other knob since it is backward and should count 1-15 moa not 15-1 moa....
sandsock View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandsock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2005 at 14:52
The devil is in the details.  I looked at one of thse at an Academy store in Mobile, while the optics were clearer than I expected, but I noticed the adjustments (according to the manual...as are many Chinese tactical knock-offs) were 1/8 MOA which is a pain to use IMO for anything but target shooting (lot of clicks to count when making adjustments)
mike240 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2005 at 15:44

I contacted "Bob" at Millet.  He stated that some of the early model scopes did in fact have the scale on the knobs "backwards" and replacements are on their way to me.

I do not know infact where the scope is made but agree it is pretty clear.  I am not a mil-dot expert and in fact prefer working in moa like my work scope (Nightforce).  Why many scope makers have mil dot reticles and moa turrets makes little sense to me.  As far as the 1/8 moa clicks go, I do not care on this scope since it is not a work scope for me and will not be shooting at night when I need to feel adjustments made.  I just crank to the moa setting setting on the scale that I need and shoot.

But for others who may have noticed this "Bob" says will replace the knobs.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic