OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Every time I think I’ve got it I don't get it!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Every time I think I’ve got it I don't get it!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Every time I think I’ve got it I don't get it!!!
    Posted: July/06/2010 at 22:31
< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 12">
Enough is to much.
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2010 at 23:04
How about the SS HD???? ever think about it?
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
REP View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2010 at 05:59
Originally posted by hunterwingler hunterwingler wrote:

How about the SS HD???? ever think about it?

< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 12">
Enough is to much.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2010 at 08:08
I have the same Conquest except with the Z-plex reticle. The glass is far better than the Leupold and the mechanics have been dead on and repeatable. I don't think it's as tough as the Leupold, but it fits my needs. Can't say anything about the Sightron.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2010 at 09:48
1. Conquest
2. Sightron
3. Anything other than a Leupold product.

I do not (can not) recommend Leupold.

I rank the Conquest higher for 2 reasons: 1.  I owned that scope and know it is fantastic, 2.  I have not seen or played with that particular Sightron.  I did shoot a 6-24 S3 and it was a great scope for bench work.

As for 1,000 yard shooting, I wouldn't worry too much about tht yet.  600 is hard enough, 800 harder still, and 1,000 can be simply demotivating.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2010 at 10:48
That is one of the best descriptions of long range shooting I have ever seen...

Good one, RC..
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2010 at 12:27
# 4 is usually for fast acquisition,like in hunting.You might want to look at the Z plex for long distance as said above.What ever you choose good luck.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2010 at 18:36
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

1. Conquest
2. Sightron
3. Anything other than a Leupold product.

I do not (can not) recommend Leupold.

I rank the Conquest higher for 2 reasons: 1.  I owned that scope and know it is fantastic, 2.  I have not seen or played with that particular Sightron.  I did shoot a 6-24 S3 and it was a great scope for bench work.

As for 1,000 yard shooting, I wouldn't worry too much about tht yet.  600 is hard enough, 800 harder still, and 1,000 can be simply demotivating.

+1Excellent
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2010 at 20:57
Solve the problem buy one of each.   WOW
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
REP View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2010 at 21:46
Originally posted by stickbow46 stickbow46 wrote:

# 4 is usually for fast acquisition,like in hunting.You might want to look at the Z plex for long distance as said above.What ever you choose good luck.

Enough is to much.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2010 at 23:04
Sightron 4.5-14x56? 

Is that a new model of some sort?  I am not aware of Sightron offering that configuration.

ILya
REP View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2010 at 23:14
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Sightron 4.5-14x56? 

Is that a new model of some sort?  I am not aware of Sightron offering that configuration.

ILya

Whacko It could be a new model made up between a web page and my post. I have have so many number running through my head with my quest it wouldn't surprise me if I were way off.Loco
Whacko 
Enough is to much.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2010 at 09:37
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Sightron 4.5-14x56? 

ILya

That might explain why I haven't seen one.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic