OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vortex Viper Turrets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oddball-Six Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vortex Viper Turrets
    Posted: July/02/2010 at 08:27
Curious if anyone is aware of plans from Vortex to introduce a slightly thicker o-ring to "tighten" up the turrets on the new Viper PST.  Its one of the few areas of concern that I am seeing in even positive reviews.

For the hordes of us folk who have these on order already, if such a change is made, are you guys prepared to allow us to return them for the modification under the "if you arent happy, we will fix it" warranty?
- Oddball-Six
Sam@Vortex View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam@Vortex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2010 at 09:23
We're aware of this and we are addressing it. Anyone that has a turret that is too loose or has anything wrong with it can contact us directly and we will take care of it under warranty at no charge to the customer.

However, I don't think this will be a wide spread problem. I think there are only a very small number of PST's out there that have turrets like this. We're working hard to make sure that not one more goes out the door like that.

-Sam
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2010 at 10:31
Question answered in less than an hour of posting!   Brovo Zulu Sam. Only way to get faster is by phone.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Oddball-Six View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oddball-Six Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2010 at 10:35
Originally posted by Sam@Vortex Sam@Vortex wrote:

We're aware of this and we are addressing it. Anyone that has a turret that is too loose or has anything wrong with it can contact us directly and we will take care of it under warranty at no charge to the customer.

However, I don't think this will be a wide spread problem. I think there are only a very small number of PST's out there that have turrets like this. We're working hard to make sure that not one more goes out the door like that.

-Sam

Boy you just cant ask for better than that.

1) Recognition of problem.
2) Statement of expected resolution.
3) Oh and yes, if you are affected, we will take care of you.
- Oddball-Six
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2010 at 10:38
i have yet to meet reps from any optics company who are more willing to help than sam and scott from vortex optics. these two men are top shelf if you ask me!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2010 at 18:26
+1 with pyro6999
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2010 at 05:15
Exceptional!
Good work, Sam.
snakeman48 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snakeman48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2010 at 08:28
That's called "stepping up to the plate" CS

Good response Sam
NRA Benefactor Member.    Veteran; US Army 5th Corps 1970-1972

The only time in my life when I got to Rock-N-Roll, and the ammo was free!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic