OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Chippewa Snake Boots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Txaggie9307 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chippewa Snake Boots
    Posted: July/01/2010 at 09:30
Hey guys,

Do any of you own the Chippewa brand of Snake Boots? I am looking at ordering a pair of these and am curious as to whether or not they run small or run large... 

Thanks,
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2010 at 09:12
I have tried on Chippewa Artic boots when I was looking for a cold weather walking boot. I found them to be on the small side........might not apply to the snake boots.
I thought they were well made but ended up with Irish Setters because of the fit.

Doug
SChunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SChunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2010 at 15:18
I had a pair--the problem that I find with snake boots has to do with design--if you want a pull on boot that offers 16 or 17 inches of protection, you better have skinny calves.
The lace up versions alieve this problem, but they are time consuming to put on. 
I recently purchased a pair of side zips from Lacrosse, and they solve the calf problem and are easy on and off--used them hard for the past year in SC for deer and turkey--wore them over 100 times last year during hunting, no problems.
fly4fish View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fly4fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2010 at 14:25
Like SCHunter, I have tried the slip, or pull on/off boots and they are tough to deal with for a stocky guy like my self.   I ended up retuning my slip on and bought a pair of danners.  They do have a lot of laces, but they are comfrotable and hopefully effective if I ever need them.

Here is a link where I learned about the danners and other snake gear:

www.SnakeProofGear.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic