OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New scope for 30-06

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teddy Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New scope for 30-06
    Posted: July/01/2010 at 09:29
A friend of mine is looking for an inexpensive scope (less than $200) to replace the bushnell banner that he dislikes on his 30-06.  This is his deer rifle and doesn't have the cash right now for anything better.  He wants a 3-9x40 and he's narrowed it to either a Redfield or a Nikon prostaff.  I told him to give the redfield a try, what do you guys think?  My only concern is since we are in Ontario does Leupold do the repair work on the Redfields?  It would be easier to ship it to Alberta to Leupold facility if there was a problem with the scope than to ship it across the border to where the Redfields are made.  Thanks for the help.
"Never rub another man's rhubarb!!"
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2010 at 09:45
The redfields are a new-er design.  I haven't used one so I can't comment.  I have used a Nikon Prostaff and it was very serviceable and semi-decent glass. 
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
stork23raz View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2010 at 09:46
Leupold does manufacturer  and repair redfields, I dunno anything about the border stuff. The redfield does sound like a good idea for the money.
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 10:28
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2010 at 10:00

Nikon Team Primos

Teddy Bear View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teddy Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2010 at 10:34
Originally posted by cbm cbm wrote:

Nikon Team Primos

The Team Primos isn't available here and if its $199 U.S., I'm guessing it would run $250+ here.  Thanks anyway.
"Never rub another man's rhubarb!!"
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2010 at 12:15

SWFA has some nice deals on SightronI rifle scopes for well under $200 with a wide verity of sights, if these others don't pan out.The lower end Sightrons are  one of the best kept secrets in the industry & they have a very good record for customer assistance.

Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2010 at 12:26
Is outside USA so can't get SWFA's stuff
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2010 at 13:00
Burris FFII, Bushnell 3200
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2010 at 13:58
 +1!!
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2010 at 14:16
Didn't Canada sign on to NAFTA??  How's that working for everyone???? 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2010 at 21:58
3200 3x9 Elite.. Weaver V-series work well also
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2010 at 23:35
Redfield.   just my .02
If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2010 at 07:12
http://swfa.com/Vortex-3-9x40-Diamondback-Rifle-Scope-P10823.aspx
and i do believe they have a repair facility in ontario.

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic