OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon Omega 3-9x40 muzzleloader scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jleinum09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon Omega 3-9x40 muzzleloader scope
    Posted: June/27/2010 at 19:59
I am looking at getting the Nikon Omega for my Triumph Bone Collector to hunt this fall.  How is the BDC 250 reticle?  Pros and cons?  From what i hear many people have been very impressed with this scope.  What are your opinions?
One Shot, One Kill
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2010 at 21:23
BDC will take practice .. not a given it will match your particular T/C and load ...
Bboy623 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2010 at 20:55
BUY IT!!! I have an Nikon Omega Nikoplex (regular crosshairs) on my TC Triumph and LOVE it!!! You won't regret it. As far as the BDC reticle, you will have to try different loads (what TC recommends as well as your own to see what fits nicely with your gun/scope. Believe it or not, the sabots have a lot to do with accuracy. I'm using Harvestor Short black sabots, 230gr TC Shockwave, and 130gr of 777 pellets (2x50gr + 1x30gr). My baby is sighted in at 150 Yards. But what ever you do, shoot....clean.....shoot ...clean...shoot....clean.....then make adjustments as neccessary. I think I tried 3 different bullet weights before I decided on the SW and then had to play around with the powder weights. IT IS VERY TIME CONSUMING!! Like 2-3 days worth of range time consuming!!!!! Take your time and note what you guns seems to like.--just some friendly advice---Bboy623
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!
Bboy623 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2010 at 20:58
forgot to mention---best thing to do is go ahead and decide on your bullet..that way you only have mainly how much powder/pellets to use. That will save you A LOT of time sighting in. If you try 2 shots before cleaning you'll be cleaning for like 10 minutes instead of like 1 if you clean after every shot. And I'm also using CCI primers---bboy623
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic