OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Sniper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CM-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Sniper
    Posted: October/13/2005 at 16:15
I have been hearing about the Super Sniper scope and have been on SWFA's web sight.  My question is how do these scopes stack up to the Mark 4's and some other higher price scopes as far as optical quality and durability.  I am looking at the XOTIC scope for my Police Sniper rifle but think if i don't have to spend that much money why should I.  Who makes the Super Sniper? I heard it was Tasco which makes me hesitate to buy one.  But some of the customer feedback that I have read is good.
TwoLaneBlackTop View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwoLaneBlackTop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2005 at 17:05
Tasco never really made the scope, they contracted out the work and put their name on it. The scopes have been made by the same company in japan since they were introduced. They are the best tactical scope in their price range by far. You can't go wrong with a 10x42 Super Sniper. Do a search on these forums for "Super Sniper" and read all the opinions on them.
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2005 at 08:57

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2133&KW=su per+sniper

Optically the Super Sniper and the X.O.T.I.C are some what the same, but as far as the price you are getting alot more with the X.O.T.I.C. scope. It has a really great warranty which makes the X.O.T.I.C. a little more costly..From what I have  used I would go with the Super Sniper. If you want to get a little more for your money I would go with the Leupold Mark 4 scope.

Edited by Stephanie
owned View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owned Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2005 at 09:46

"If you want to get a little more for your money I would go with the Leupold Mark 4 scope."

I personally think the XOTIC beats out the Mark 4's in all fazes.

The XOTIC will offer more moa, an extremely good warranty, better optics I believe, and a much cheaper price.

Stephanie how do you feel the Mark 4 is better than the XOTIC?

As for the Super Snipers you can't beat them. You're comparing a $300 scope to a scope that cost close to $1000. that alone should give you reason enough to choose the SS. You just can not beat the performance of the SS for the price tag.

Holding zero

Repeatability

Optics

Positive audible target knobs

Etched reticle

The Super Sniper offers all. It will easily stack up against any optic that cost three times as much.

Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2005 at 16:03

Sorry for the vauge post! Let me elaborate. The Super Sniper and X.O.T.I.C have the same features such as mil-dot, target knobs, 50 cal. compatible, etc.You get more with the X.O.T.I.C because it is a variable, uses re-designed target knobs and has a better warranty. My experience with the Super Sniper is that it does everything the competition does except zoom. When I posted

"If you want to get a little more for your money I would go with the Leupold Mark 4 scope"

I meant that you get more choices. Leupold offers a broader selection in the Mark 4 series, like more variable options, objective sizes, illuminated reticle and 1/2 moa or 1/4 moa adjustments. Maybe you would like something other then a mil-dot. O.k., well you don't have to have one with Leupold. But as far as the X.O.T.I.C. scope you are correct about the performance compared to the Mark 4. When the X.O.T.I.C. scope was made, there was one goal in mind, and that was to make the best tactical scope in the world with mil specs.I did not mean to suggested that the Mark 4 scope was better then the X.O.T.I.C scope.. just more options. In closing let me say that all three scopes can hold up to their reputations and your expectations. Choose the correct model for your application. I hope this explains what I was trying to say in my ealier post.

Edited by Stephanie
Mithran View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2005 at 16:48

Super Sniper definetely.  I'm turned away by a 56mm obj.  Way too big.  I love my SS10x42.  Going to buy another one soon as a back up scope.  Not saying my first one will break, it has'nt.  Some people who buy $2000 USO's, $1000 dollar Leupolds and Nightforces always have back up scopes, because you never know.  Hell buy two Super Snipers for the price of one Leupold and or XOTIC, and have a scope that some claim (which I do) is just as good, and have a back up or another excuse to buy another rifle to put the second one on.

Fight Smarter
Not Harder
CM-4 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CM-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2005 at 20:47
Thanks for the input, if I can trade or sell my Springfield Armory scope than I'll make my decision.  So far it's down to the Super Sniper and the X.O.T.I.C.  My department is trying to get me lined up on a basic sniper school soon so I'll have to hurry.
Mithran View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2005 at 22:47
Well now that I know you're an LEO.  A fixed 10 power for a law enforcement sharp shooter would not be the best.  Don't get me wrong the Super Sniper is one of the best kept well not any more secrets in optics.  What's the average LE sniper engagement is like 60 to 75 yards maybe out to no more than 150.  You would be better suited with a variable scope that you can adjust down for shorter shots.  I would hate and try and engage something closer than 75 yards with a 10 power scope.  But I still don't like the size of that XOTIC.  I have no doubt its a good scope but holy crap that thing is freakin huge.  You might want to take a look at something else.  I'm not a Leupold guy but a Leupold Mk4 PR 3-9x40 would be a good variable that doesn't cost a whole lot more than the Super Sniper.
Fight Smarter
Not Harder
CM-4 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CM-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2005 at 15:27
Thanks for the input.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic