OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Huge shark...look at how small the seal looks!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Huge shark...look at how small the seal looks!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Huge shark...look at how small the seal looks!!!
    Posted: June/25/2010 at 02:27
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2010 at 02:59
Mental note: whenever swimming/snorkeling/diving in shark infested waters make sure that the person next to you carries a stronger resemblance to a seal/sea lion/other marine mammal than you do.

ILya
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2010 at 06:25
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Mental note: whenever swimming/snorkeling/diving in shark infested waters make sure that the person next to you carries a stronger resemblance to a seal/sea lion/other marine mammal than you do.

ILya
Roll on Floor Laughing
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2010 at 06:48
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

ILya

p.s.  make sure when they aren't looking you spray that fish attractant stuff that fisherman use on their lures

Edited by scooter65 - June/25/2010 at 10:13
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2010 at 11:58
Yeah its big one looks like could be a 20 footer.
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2010 at 21:38
Yep big fish.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2010 at 21:40
When I go surfing I always like a little crowd around that way my chances are better lol
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2010 at 08:41
Originally posted by Monster Monster wrote:

When I go surfing I always like a little crowd around that way my chances are better lol
don't be the lone surfer who never comes home huh? 
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2010 at 08:43
Orca is king of the hunters, they eat Great whites.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2010 at 08:50
 Don't hurt my feelins none!
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2010 at 17:02

That pic is the reason I don't want to surf!
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2010 at 18:53

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2010 at 19:01
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

dont call me willy again capeeche!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2010 at 22:01
Originally posted by scooter65 scooter65 wrote:

That pic is the reason I don't want to surf!

The chances of one being bit while surfing is very slim. Also, most surfers that are attacked survive because their board takes most of the damage. Swimmers are the ones most at risk
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2010 at 00:36
We used to surf from Northern California to as far south as Rosarito Beach, Mexico (mostly the SF Bay Area). I never really worried about sharks until I got certified diving. We got to hear all the horror stories during our training; where we live, I don't surf anymore.

This guy died surfing in ten feet of water in Northern California. The great white shark bit through the board and surfer leaving him with half his midsection missing.

Surf boards do help shield surfers but a great white can slice right through it. Divers, surfers and swimmers are all at risk depending on where you are but I guess it's like airplane crashes, the odds are in your favor.

http://sharkattackfile.net/
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2010 at 23:16
In 1987 I was out at buoy 19 (St Simons Sound) shark fishing with a friend. We had a nice little slick going and had caught several that were 6 foot on down. We saw a huge shadow under the 20 foot Boston Whaler. We first thought it was a school of fish, until it got out of sight down current and about the time we couldn't see the shadow anymore, a large Tiger Shark surfaced and was swimming towards the boat. He was longer than the boat was. People didn't believe us, because at the time it was suspected that a Tiger Shark only ever got to be 17 feet. That has since been revised to unknown. I don't venture into saltwater unless I am in a boat now. And to think I swam that sound (St. Simons to Jekyll) for my swimming badge in Boy Scouts.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2010 at 08:02
Whenyou enter the ocean, you enter the food chain, and you aint at the top of it.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2010 at 08:38

over here on the NC beaches sharks aren't a problem and rarely is one seen that is over a few feet long. 

SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2010 at 10:01
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

When you enter the ocean, you enter the food chain, and you ain't at the top of it.

Amen

Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

over here on the NC beaches sharks aren't a problem and rarely is one seen that is over a few feet long. 

Yeah, but they can show up in the darnedest places and it only takes once. 
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2010 at 14:11
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Whenyou enter the ocean, you enter the food chain, and you aint at the top of it.

NOW that is a quote!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic