OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SWFA VS CONQUEST

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Txaggie9307 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SWFA VS CONQUEST
    Posted: June/24/2010 at 11:58

Hey guys,

Will the conquest have better light transmission and better glass than the SWFA fixed 6 power?

bricat View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2010 at 12:07

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2010 at 12:14
The 6x Super Sniper does not have the high definition glass that the 3-9 SS and 10x HD versions use it is merely a 6x version of the original 10x rear focus SS.  The Conquest will be better glass  than the 6x SS but will lack the tactical knobs so it is a trade off depending on how you intend to use the scope. The 6x will be bright in low light but if you place the 3-9 on 6x it will also share the same exit eye pupil amount of light reaching the eye but the 3-9 will have better glass.   You can also select to send in the Zeiss to have target knobs placed on it.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
stork23raz View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2010 at 13:00
I have a SS10 (not HD) I had a conquest. The conquest beats it hands down.
I am not sure how the conquest compares to the SS3-9.
Whats your purpose for this scope?
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 10:28
Txaggie9307 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Txaggie9307 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2010 at 16:41
Originally posted by stork23raz stork23raz wrote:

It will go on a Ruger .270 for hogs, deer, etc.  Distance will likely be from 100-400 yards.
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2010 at 16:45
I would prob not go with a fixed 10power.  The ziess is and excellent scope will serve you well. If you wanted a little features. The SS3-9 has adjustable knobs, and first focal plane mil dot. 
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2010 at 17:10
Originally posted by Txaggie9307 Txaggie9307 wrote:

Originally posted by stork23raz stork23raz wrote:

It will go on a Ruger .270 for hogs, deer, etc.  Distance will likely be from 100-400 yards.

Depending on why you need a Mil-dot. if your going to be using it for ranging on said critters, I'd go with the 6X.  If your not going to use the Mil-dot go with the conquest. 
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2010 at 17:22
I think mildots are great not only for ranging but  just juse JBM ballistics and set it MILS  then u can use the mildots as a a "bdc" reticle

Randall45 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randall45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2010 at 21:45

You should be comparing the Vortex Crossfire line to the SS line.The Zeiss Conquest blows it away in every category.   

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2010 at 21:48
Originally posted by Randall45 Randall45 wrote:

You should be comparing the Vortex Crossfire line to the SS line.The Zeiss Conquest blows it away in every category.   

more like the viper and the ss
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2010 at 21:59
It's a hunting rifle put the Zeiss on it.  You dont usually want tactical knobs on a hunting rifle that you take through the brush.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2010 at 22:02
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

It's a hunting rifle put the Zeiss on it.  You dont usually want tactical knobs on a hunting rifle that you take through the brush.

no doubt there.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2010 at 01:19
Originally posted by Randall45 Randall45 wrote:

I disagree.

Optical quality of the current production 10x42 S.S. scope is somewhere between Diamondback and Viper (if you are comparing it to the Vortex products).

Optical quality of the 3-9x42 S.S. is a bit better than the Viper and, to my eyes, marginally better than the Conquest.

10x42HD is better yet and runs right along some much more expensive scopes (I'll touch more on this in an upcoming review).

Now, onto the original question: light transmission differences between 6x42 S.S. and 3-9x40 Conquest have little to do with the image quality you get out of each scope.  Importance of light transmission is overblown.

That having been said, Conquest will have a definite edge in optical quality.

ILya
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/26/2010 at 13:32
Hunting rifle, go with the zeiss...Bandito 

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic