OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon Monarch variations/generations?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralfus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon Monarch variations/generations?
    Posted: June/22/2010 at 14:40
I was offered a Nikon Monarch 4-16 (not sure which obj size yet) in a trade and was wondering if there are older versions that dont have the features of the current models. Was there a model without the pull out side focus?
lewwetzel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewwetzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2010 at 00:23
Oh, yes. The older version Monarch UCC had adjustable objective in higher magnifications. They also made a "Titanium" version in 3-10 and 5.5-16.5X 44mm; I've found a deal on the the latter Titanium and would buy it or the other AO Monarch over the newer SF  because they don't have that huge eyepiece. At any rate, old or new versions were/are very good scopes.
JagerDog View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JagerDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2010 at 19:59
FWIW, the newer versions are now made in PI vs. Japan.
300 ultramag View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300 ultramag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2010 at 18:04
i have used nikons for years and never had a problem with the monarchs had some bad pro staffs
Altrisk View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Altrisk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/29/2010 at 03:50
I had the 4-12x40 Ucc with the adj.objective on the front bell.  I dont know if I was unlucky but the scope did not hold it's zero and I had to send it back. They replaced it with a brand new Monarch with SF and BDC reticle.Big Grin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic