OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Best zombie gun?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lennyo3034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best zombie gun?
    Posted: June/21/2010 at 23:12
What would you guys say is the best gun for a zombie apocalypse? I'm considering getting an AK due to its reliability and plentiful ammo. I figure the reliability is more important than long range accuracy because if they were that far away. I figure an assault rifle would be a little more versatile than a shotgun even though it gives away short range stopping power.

Any other suggestions?
Teddy Bear View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teddy Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2010 at 23:22
I have a canine space modulator on loan from Marvin Martian.  Never runs out of ammo and if it works on martian dogs it may work on zombies.  Should field test it first though.Laser Zap
"Never rub another man's rhubarb!!"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2010 at 06:14
12gauge semi auto would be my personal choice, probably a benelli
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2010 at 08:07
I'll agree with the 12ga, but I'll take a pump action.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2010 at 08:11

I'd have to say a minigun would be my pick.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2010 at 08:12

Wink Wink Wink
Wink
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
stork23raz View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2010 at 08:23

really good 22 rifle. bolt action. it would last forever ammo is SUPER CHEAP to stock up on and and almost eveyrone keeps a bunch of it stored away. so no matter where u ended up u could find some.   and all u need need is a  nice little shot between the eyes. either that or small tactical nuclear laucher with trijicon night sights.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 10:28
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2010 at 09:28
Opinions differ, but I would take the accuracy of the rifle over a shotgun.  With practice and a 1x type optic, a properly selected rifle can be super good at close ranges.  Then you have the advantage of mid range shooting as well. 

An AR or AK would both work well.  They both can be used for defense and putting food on the table if you need to hunt with it.  Plus ammo is plentiful for both and they are both accurate enough.  If you maintain an AR properly they are very reliable.  I have one that has over 10,000 rounds and I have honestly had only a few malfunctions.  And the ones I have had, have been related to Wolf ammo as it dirties the chamber faster.  It is dusty and dirty all the time as I carry it on the gun rack on my wheeler everytime I ride.  I have complete faith in that rifle.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2010 at 09:51
Dont forget either a high quallity optics & mount. or just go iron sights. electronics bad.....
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2010 at 09:54

AR's are very common and parts interchangable so u break something in urs just find another and strip it for parts.

Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2010 at 11:22
Galil (best of all AKs available in 308) or Arsensal in milled receiver, or Robinson xcr in .223 (duplicates ak innards). 7.62x39 does't give any thing in stopping power against featherless bipeds.
I love little league baseball-- it keeps the kids out of the house
Yogi Bera

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2010 at 15:41
The best is the one closest at hand at that time.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
bert gummer View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bert gummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2010 at 19:37

I think it should be the weapon cal. that the zombies are

carrying in case you run low on ammo, you can swipe some off the

dead zombies........well that make sence to me, how about yous?
remember one of the zombie facts is they can learn to shoot guns
maybe not well but with 50,000 or so they will hit you with a wild
bullet .................
only thing is what will they be carrying??? I guess .223 rem or
maybe 7.62X 39 also 12 ga wouldn't be bad....maybe a good supply
of .22lr they pack easy?
slow is smooth, smooth is fast. right?
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2010 at 21:48
Corndawg View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corndawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2010 at 22:16
Ahhh Zombies!

Now remember, zombies don't run, they move slow so range is not an issue unless you've found yourself surrounded by an azz of'em.

I love the rifles, but the shotgun is going to be muuuch more fun.
Go with an inertia recoil auto i.e Benelli. It's every bit as reliable as the pump, just don't run it dry when the heat's on.

Oh and a double stack auto on your side for insurance.
I like to measure powder by the cup.

You can tell a lot about a man by the edge he keeps on his pocket knife.

ROLLTIDE!
Lennyo3034 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lennyo3034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2010 at 22:48
I've got a bolt gun and a shotgun already. I've convinced myself that I need a zombie gun as an excuse to buy another gun. I'm currently saving up for better optics for the bolt gun so my budget won't allow me to buy an AR. I did however randomly meet a guy at the bar tonight that was selling his AK.

Martin: why would you use gameload on zombies?
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2010 at 14:25
Well I suggest you ask him if you can test fire it and check it for function and accuracy at a range if he will let you,  if not you lost nothing by asking. The AK is usually very reliable and should serve you well but they are awkward to put an optic on so it is what it is -- lots of firepower for use withing a couple hundred yards at most.  Even the SKS is a very functional rifle for what it cost.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2010 at 14:42
Originally posted by Corndawg Corndawg wrote:

Ahhh Zombies!

Now remember, zombies don't run, they move slow so range is not an issue unless you've found yourself surrounded by an azz of'em.

The heck if they don't.  Have you ever seen "Zombieland".  Those things run pretty freaking fast.  Rule #1 is cardio  Wink
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2010 at 20:23
I would like a 12 gauge, please.....................

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2010 at 12:26
hell pi$$ on it just nuke em
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic