OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Variable Super Snipers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guns4570 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Variable Super Snipers
    Posted: October/11/2005 at 12:34

Chris,

Is there an update on the SS Variables?  What power range, objective size and cost can we anticipate along with an approximate releas date and price.  Thanks, I have been waiting eagerly for news so I wanted to prime the pump as they say.

Guns4570
Gunner View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2005 at 12:28

I second that motion, I sure would like a Super Sniper Variable. Something along the lines of a 2.5-10x or a 3-12x. So put me on the list for one when they are available.

Gunner

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2005 at 13:57
Project "Variable SS" hit a few bumps in the road.  Gov't red tape mostly from the Department of Defense, then patent and copyright paper work delays have pushed us back several months.  We hope to be testing this winter and have the first model for sell by Spring 2006.
Gunner View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2005 at 14:10

Chris,

Thanks for the reply, I doubt that you remember but I believe we met at the SHOT show a few years back. I work with for a large corrections agency and we discussed cqb sights for institutional use. That probabbly narrows it down to a few hundred people.Anyhow, I am more than willing to sign up for a "Pre-order "so I can get one of the first ones out. To acid test for you even.....

Gunner

Yotecaller1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yotecaller1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2006 at 17:03
Any new news on the variable SS.  I sure would like to see what they are gonna look like and the features they are gonna have .  Thanks.
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2006 at 10:29

Sorry guys, no new news to report.

CF

Izzman View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Izzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2006 at 16:53

Any word yet?, I haven't been on this forum for a lotta months now, but am still very interested in the SS variables.  I have had such good luck with my other SS's that I might have to hold out for one.

I am wanting a RRA LAR-10 as well and they are also a little behind on production.

So maybe they will both come out at the same time and I will be set!

Roll heavy, all the Time....
Steveindajeep View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveindajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2007 at 00:29
I would like an update on this. The suspense is killing me. 
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2007 at 10:59

The project is still in the works and will happen.  I don't want to post any dates until I know 100% for sure.

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2007 at 15:34
FFP right?

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2007 at 18:05

Yes

Jessz1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessz1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2007 at 17:10
I am also awaiting these scopes. Will be great!
swedishviper View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swedishviper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2007 at 19:32
yeah cant wait.............any news.. i was hoping i could put some cheap glass on a benchrest rifle. hopefully you guys will make one about a 25 to 30 power............cant wait
viper has spoken
Bighouse View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bighouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2007 at 01:29

Chris,

Can you give us any kind of time frame as to when they will be out? Days/Months/Years?

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2007 at 13:31
Sorry, I don't have a date.  It is not days or years though.
sinsir View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinsir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2007 at 21:32

i'd be willing to pre-order one.

the 10 x i got from ya'll beats everything i have in the safe, it's also only the second fixed power scope i own, being a big fan of variables, this would be a great item. any info or specs that you would be willing to share ?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic