OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Beware

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hustler2Bravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beware
    Posted: June/17/2010 at 14:03
Original post was due to a simple misunderstanding.

Problem is now resolved.  

ILya

Edited by koshkin - June/18/2010 at 17:19
Invisible Souls Leave 308 Holes
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 14:06
I'd PM Chris Farris regarding the issue...he's on the site right now.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 14:09
Originally posted by Hustler2Bravo Hustler2Bravo wrote:

I have had great experiences ordering several scopes and accessories from SWFA over the last few years.  But now it stops.  I recently ordered a new scope, after a few days waiting on it to arrive I decided to email customer service.  They said my card had been declined and that they had sent me an email saying so. I did not receive any email stating any problem.  I new that was not possible, I new there was more than enough $ in that account.  I called my card customer service, they told me that SWFA had tried to charge my card 2 times for the same order.  In doing so it caused the card to go over the limit causing the denial.  I emailed SWFA back to find out what happened.  They could not give me any info on the problem, nothing about why this happened.  But they did not deny this huge mistake.  Now my card is all screwed up due to the overdraft of the pending payments.  I was unable to pay my dentist bill this morning because of that.  SWFA has lost my business.  I hope this is not a common problem with them.  Just "Beware"

Nope you’re the first!!! Hope it works out for you elsewhere and your dentistry work happens fast and painless. A hurting toof is the worst, and buying a scope from somewhere else ranks right up there. I truly hate to hear about your bad fortune.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 14:16
Hustler2Bravo, you should try to resolve this issue with SWFA before making a post such as this one. Refer to rule #6....

6. The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers. Tracking numbers, Order Status, Credit Card issues, etc. need to be directed to our Customer Service Professionals at 972-617-7056 from 8 a.m -5 p.m CDT or via e-mail at swfa@swfa.com.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 14:26
I am betting the card you used was a debit card, right?
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Hustler2Bravo View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hustler2Bravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 14:27
If you read my earlier post, I have tried to remedy this unfortunate situation.  As for breaking rule #6 I apologize.  But as far as I'm concerned they broke the rule of Customer Service.  It wouldn't be as bad if they only told me how this happened.  
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 14:30
Its not SWFA's faught and its not your banks faught.  Its whomever the custodian of the card is... Visa, MasterCard, etc.  They require an authorization and a purchase charge.  I deal with this on a daily bases, it part of the cardholder agreement between cards and finanical institutions.  Your bank can go in and release the authorization but SWFA can't.  Don't blame SWFA or your BANK blame Visa or MC...
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 14:32

as far as I am concerned a Mod needs to delete the thread entirely  SWFA did nothing wrong and your casting blame with not enough information...PERIOD

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 14:33
Man I hate to hear that for ya, I've had to many good experiences to buy anywhere else.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 14:34
Good call SVT.  I was trying to write up a post saying what you said but you wrote it much better.  I work at a bank and see it daily as well.  It is no more SWFAs fault than it is yours.  I think you owe them a public apology.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hustler2Bravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 14:46
I do Apologize, but why couldn't they explain that to me like SVT did.  I'm not trying to run anybody away from SWFA.  All I mean is beware of things like this.  I've never had this happen to me.  SWFA is a awesome company to do business with.  All I wanted was an explanation, and customer service couldn't do that.    
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 14:50
It's not something everyone would know. Credit Card companies dont' want to give that info out, they run debit cards too.  did you know that if you ever tried to buy a plane ticket with a debit card they will charge your card twice the full amount and hold that for 10 days to make sure at least one charge goes through and then release one.  When you buy fuel with a debit card they can actually authorize up to $100 on yoru card and then the cost of what you got for 3 days....... Your bank is actually able to go in a delete certain authorizations. I do it daily, and it is possible.  If you did call your bank and they said SWFA charged you twice I'd switch banks cause they are dumb.  They didnt charge twice Visa (i'm assuming) sent in a preauthorization amount and then the charge amount to verify there was money
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 14:51
SWFA might not understand that either.  Especially just an employee who has no idea how cards are processed.  All they probalby know is the swipe them and they say authorized or not.  I had Cabelas hit my card 3 times like that one day.  I bought something for $1200 and they ran it they canceled (which was the employees fault) that trans then ran it again.  So I had 2 preauthorize charges and 1 actual charge.  Tied up $3600 on my card for a couple days. 

That is the problem with making big purchases on a debit card and running then as a credit not a debit.  If you run then as a debit meaning using a PIN number it is a single instant charge.  If it is ran as a credit as all online charges have to be it ties up more funds than you think it will.    

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hustler2Bravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 14:53
Thank you for the explanation SVT.  I take back my first post, if I could delete I would.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 14:56

No problem....

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hustler2Bravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 14:58
As far as I'm concerned this situation is forgotten.  And I plan on staying with SWFA for all my future purchases.  Thanks to the ones that lead me in the right direction.
SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 15:24
We are all human, but next time ease into it instead of blasting an innocent party with both barrels.  I used work for a credit card company.  Quite often if you call them and explain the issue, they can contact the vendor to verify charges and you are right as rain again.  Problems is, most people talk to the vendor or the bank and not the CC processor, and they hold the keys.  
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 15:25

The bank can delete charges too.  Its just a matter of talking to the right person, in the right attitude,   Dont' ever fail the attitude test and your ok.

lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 15:31
Good lessons for all to learn.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 16:41
ExcellentExcellentExcellent SVT on a job well done.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic