OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupold LPS scopes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leupold LPS scopes
    Posted: June/16/2010 at 13:04

I am thinking about buying a Leupold Premier LPS 3.5 x 14 x 50. Have any of you owned this scope and what do you think about them. Also: Where do you think I can find one for sale and what is the going price?  Thanks!

lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2010 at 13:13
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2010 at 13:38
SWFA  The only place to buy optics!
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
johnnyo View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2010 at 13:51
They don't have a duplex-just a german 4
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2010 at 13:55
I'd givem' a call and see if they could get one sooner
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2010 at 14:08

You won't regret the purchase of a #4 reticle.  I also was a standard duplex guy, but I've lately fallen for the #4.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2010 at 16:22
+1 on the #4.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
biggreen747 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biggreen747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2010 at 17:10
+2. I wish #4 reticles were available in more scopes. I own 2 with that reticle and they are 2 I will probably never let go.
We measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a crayon, and cut it with a chainsaw.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2010 at 17:37
Originally posted by johnnyo johnnyo wrote:

They don't have a duplex-just a german 4
Lucky You ---Go for it.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
johnnyo View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2010 at 18:54
I am more concerned about the Quality of the scope- Has anybody owned one of these?(Leupold LPS 3.5 x 14)  I would really like some opinions!  Thanks!
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2010 at 21:36
The Lps was replaced and discontinued by the vx7 as it really didn't make the expectations of competing with the better euro scopes. If you got one for a really good price it would be worth it.
I love little league baseball-- it keeps the kids out of the house
Yogi Bera

johnnyo View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 07:53
I thought that Leupold had a falling out with Premier and thats why they discontinued the scope! 
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 18:57
what has the lps got to do with premier??
Yogi Bera

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 19:02
Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

what has the lps got to do with premier??

Leupold Premier Scope
Premier scopes/reticles
Two different entities.

Doug
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 19:07

I get it. I thought it was leupold premium scope anyway.

Yogi Bera

Trigger slap View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger slap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2010 at 07:01
Back to the original question. I do own  a 3.5x14x52 lps scope. It is the first design with the ao which was manufactured before they made the side focus model. This scope resides on my Browning A bolt 7mm mag. I have had this scope on this rifle for most of this century and have used it every year hunting. I have absolutely no complaints with it. As a matter of fact, I also have  a 2.5x10x45 lps on my 270 and a 1.5x6x42 on my 450 Marlin. All three scopes have been used now for several years and still are trouble free. My opinion is that these are excellent hunting scopes. This is my personal experience with them, hope this helps.
How can we call it unalienable when we allow it to be suspended revoked or restricted?
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2010 at 08:07
one good thing-- even though the scope is discontinued, any warranty problems  would be taken care of.
Yogi Bera

johnnyo View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2010 at 08:15
Thanks Trigger Slap- Thats the kind of reply I was hoping to get-from somebody who has field tested these scopes. Is your reticle the duplex? All I can find is the german 4! Also-Do you remember about what you gave for the 3.5x14? I was hoping this was a quality scope and the story goes that it was only discontinued because Leuopold and premier optical had a falling out!(If thats true I'm not really sure)  Thanks again for your time!
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2010 at 10:39
Originally posted by johnnyo johnnyo wrote:

Thanks Trigger Slap- Thats the kind of reply I was hoping to get-from somebody who has field tested these scopes. Is your reticle the duplex? All I can find is the german 4! Also-Do you remember about what you gave for the 3.5x14? I was hoping this was a quality scope and the story goes that it was only discontinued because Leuopold and premier optical had a falling out!(If thats true I'm not really sure)  Thanks again for your time!
I guess you missed the part -- the premier leupold scope has nothing to do with premier reticles you were misinformed. The LPS was discontinued because it didn't cut the grade when leupold brought out the vx7 and was dropped.
Yogi Bera

Trigger slap View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger slap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2010 at 16:36
My scopes all have the duplex reticle, but the German#4 is probably better in low light.
How can we call it unalienable when we allow it to be suspended revoked or restricted?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic