OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zen Ray ED2 have Tripod Stud??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FullCurlHunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zen Ray ED2 have Tripod Stud??
    Posted: June/15/2010 at 16:25
Can someone please let me know if the Zen Ray ED2 10x43 has a screw hole for a tripod adapter stud to be mounted to a tripod?  Much like the vortex razor 10x42 has. 

If so, what thread size is it and who makes a good tripod adapter that would work?

I am currently trying to decide between the Zen Ray ED2 10x43 and the Vortex Razor 10x42 and mounting to a tripod would be a great plus to the Zen Ray given their lower expense and comparable glass to the Vortex.

In addition to the tripod adaptability question....are the Zen Ray's on the same level of construction quality as the Razor's?

Thank you for your help.
Bird Watcher View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 17:47
Look for my PM.
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 19:09
The Zen Ray has a standard thread tripod adapter.  Any adapter from the marketplace will work.
Steve
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted". William Bruce Cameron

Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 21:18
Tripod socket works well on the Zens.

With tripod socket cap on:

with tripod socket exposed:

mounted on Vortex adapter:
-Matt
stork23raz View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2010 at 06:53
look at them sexy zen rays Love

I dont have any expericen with the vortex. I bought a pair of 2010 Zenray ZRS HD. after i got them i was sad. They were so awesome for the money, I wish I had got the ED2.
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 10:28
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic