OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Great Value for an AR scope

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Value for an AR scope
    Posted: June/15/2010 at 12:32
Redfield 2-7x33 Revolution Rifle Scope Redfield 2-7x33 Revolution Rifle Scope
Stock # - RED67085
  • Matte
  • Accu-Range
  • 1"

$139.95 

Redfield 3-9x40 Revolution Rifle Scope Redfield 3-9x40 Revolution Rifle Scope
Stock # - RED67095
  • Matte
  • Accu-Range
  • 1"
$159.95

Redfield 3-9x50 Revolution Rifle Scope Redfield 3-9x50 Revolution Rifle Scope
Stock # - RED67105
  • Matte
  • Accu-Range
  • 1"

$209.95
Redfield 4-12x40 Revolution Rifle Scope Redfield 4-12x40 Revolution Rifle Scope
Stock # - RED67115
  • Matte
  • Accu-Range
  • 1"

$219.95
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
stork23raz View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 13:16
I know Leupold bought Redfield. Hadnt heard any reviews on them though. Anybody got any experience with them? If your on a budget I bet they would be good though.
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 10:28
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 13:18
I was interested in the 4x12 but then when i called them (redfield) to ask them a question about the adjustment and reticle they got an attitude like I was wanting to know their deepest secrets.  Figured i'd pass.  That video Chris posted made me really want one! 

Edited by SVT_Tactical - June/15/2010 at 13:19
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 13:24

For the money I highly highly doubt they can be beat. A solid piece of glass for the $$$$$.

One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 13:33
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

I was interested in the 4x12 but then when i called them (redfield) to ask them a question about the adjustment and reticle they got an attitude like I was wanting to know their deepest secrets.  Figured i'd pass.  That video Chris posted made me really want one! 

That is a sweet video. only thing is those jugs do not look like they are spread  100 yards in between
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 13:35
I actually think it would be great and the distances are fine but it would need to be tested at distances like any BDC type reticle before you depend on it to much
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 13:36
Originally posted by Chris Farris II Chris Farris II wrote:

For the money I highly highly doubt they can be beat. A solid piece of glass for the $$$$$.

how would you compare them to the vortex diamondback cf2??
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 13:41

Thunbs Up
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 13:55
Might be a good option for a 11 yr old with a 243. He needs a upgrade.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 13:57
IM not judgint the scope this is only about hte video. It looks misrepresented.
On the video is that 100 yards between the first and the last one cause that is not 100 yard spacing between each jug

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 14:02
If you judge soley on bullet trace and time on target the spacing seems about right to me.  Granted it looks deceptive I think its on the up and up it just a matter of the angle it was fillmed.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 14:03
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Sounds like a good product you could give us a range report on BigD
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 14:09

If you judge soley on bullet trace and time on target the spacing seems about right to me.  Granted it looks deceptive I think its on the up and up it just a matter of the angle it was fillmed.
Yea i noticed the bullet trace and time seemed to be about right. i guess. i dunno.  the jugs and guys really dont change in size.  and if your standing at 100 and looking at 500 yards a water jug would be TINY VERY VERY TINY. the towers look like they are spaced abotu 25 yards apart at most. just by the size of the post, jugs and men. 

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 14:11
I'll have to look closer on the home computer the work one has some jumpyness to it.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 14:12

The more I look the more I think it might be to complicated for him to use. We did go and shoot a few weekends ago and he hit the steel at 575yards with his .243 win and a 95 gr bereger. he shot 20 times and hit it twice. the wind killed him. He leveled the trees to the right of the target. We started at 230, then went out to 368 and then to 480 and moved out to 575. it was a fun trip and got him thinking and asking abazillion questions. now he wantes to help load more and all the other stuff that happens for shooting to happen. got in his blood.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 14:33
Yea, the bullet trace escpailly ont he last one looks like ti oculd be real. but the fact is the camer is zoomed in to where it looks likeu are sitting just shy of the 100 yard jug. but u can clearly read the 400 on the "400" yard jug. I dunno about anyone else but i cant read sharpy writing on a jug 300 yards away from me.

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 14:34
Its either weirdly faked or one hell of an optical illusion

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 14:47

The more I look the more I think it might be to complicated for him to use. We did go and shoot a few weekends ago and he hit the steel at 575yards with his .243 win and a 95 gr bereger. he shot 20 times and hit it twice. the wind killed him. He leveled the trees to the right of the target. We started at 230, then went out to 368 and then to 480 and moved out to 575. it was a fun trip and got him thinking and asking abazillion questions. now he wantes to help load more and all the other stuff that happens for shooting to happen. got in his blood.

Thats awesome.  If he is getting it to it that much you better just go ahead and teach him how to dial it in vs using holdovers
HOLLOWPOINT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOLLOWPOINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 15:20
On the video is that 100 yards between the first and the last one cause that is not 100 yard spacing between each jug

They used a rather large telephoto lens. Those optics compress the perception of depth.
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good. Thomas Paine
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 15:23
what about at the end of the video where it was up high.  that was side to side not depth. you could see the post from there and tell they  wre right next to each other.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic