OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Remington VTR 5R

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swag8828 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remington VTR 5R
    Posted: June/14/2010 at 00:23
I recently bought a Remington 700 VTR (.308) with the 5R rifling. So far I love the gun. The only thing I am interested in learning about it is the life of the barrel. I have been told by some people that they're good for about 1000 rounds and then I have been told by others that they are good for 2500 rounds. I'm mainly just wanting to know out of curiosity. If anyone has any input, feel free to share.

Also, I've had a guy offer to trade me a brand new DPMS-LR308T with the 16" heavy barrel, flash suppressor, aluminum free floating handguard. If anyone has any experience with, or opinions about this gun I'd like to hear them.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2010 at 07:57
you should get closer to 4000 rds out of the 308, but it depends alot on the level or accuracy you want to work with.
as far as the dpms it would be nice if you were more specific.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic