OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Clear scopes out past 1000yrds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2010 at 07:47
 I can't G.  I don't wear em'.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2010 at 08:02
Originally posted by claysman73 claysman73 wrote:

I didn't put this post here to get peoples opinion about the new challenge that I am going to do. ...................................... I'm not the only person going for this challenging way of hunting www.longrangehunting.com
#1. Don't take this personally, please.

Its not ethical, period.   If you can stalk closer to an animal to make a cleaner, more sure of shot, you owe it to the animal to make a clean shot.  When you post something on a web based forum it will be only opinions that you get back.  I don't knock you for wanting to shoot a long range I just dont' suggest doing it at game.  There are to many variables at those distances.  Even if you not alone in your quest to shoot at game at long range, doesn't mean its right, with what one person does doesn't make your doing the same right.  Your gonna get knocked for suggesting hunting at that distance bottom line.  You can justify it all you want by saying your gonna practice so you do make good shots but even the best make an off shot at those distances.

Again don't take this personal
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2010 at 08:32
  BUT it's not illegal,G. 

This thread wasn't meant for this discussion so I'll say no more.  But BE CAREFUL. You may not be alone out there.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2010 at 08:40
Originally posted by neilbilly neilbilly wrote:

I'm waaaaayyyyy too lazy to drag anything that far. I'm more the cover myself in corn and strangle something with the waist band out of my BVDs, but whatever peels your nanner man. 

I do ram hunt with a guy that has one of the Defensive Edge custom rifles. It's a very nice gun. 

I think you have to have a trapping lic. for this type of stuff.
Getting the right set for shooting (time/place/chance) such that the shooter can close the distance to the animal for a good track (if necessary) is 95% of the problem, anyone can shoot at an animal from a 1000 yd.
Jon A View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2010 at 13:15
Originally posted by claysman73 claysman73 wrote:

I'm looking for the best scope for the money to put on my .338 Edge I will be hunting mainly at long yardages and at this point I can't afford a Nigh Force or comparable scope. I don't want the gun to sit in the safe until I can afford that kind of a scope. I know that there has to be a scope out there that is as good for allot less money. For me right now the Cheaper the better because I'm out of work right now. I know everybody says you get what you pay for but 2k for a scope is killing me.

The Nightforce of course would be an excellent choice.  If you want cheaper (and probably best value) I recommend the Viper PST 6-24X50 FFP in either Mil or MOA.  They should be available any day now.  I would not go any cheaper than that.
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2010 at 18:12

The shredded BVD garrote technique is only legal on exotics that are not protected and also legal for feral hogs and squirrels. "It's how I found my first wife" No No

If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic