OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Savage Mark II stocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Savage Mark II stocks
    Posted: June/08/2010 at 09:53

Well I just spent all my money on a new scope for my Savage Mark II 22lr. Now I am considering once I get my bills paid off upgrading the stock. Does anybody know a place that sells the Savage TR stocks, or anyplace that sells a tactical style stock. High cheek rest, maybe vertical grip.

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 10:28
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2010 at 10:02
I would contact a few companies to see if they had a pattern for that action to inlet a stock.  I know I have talked to the guys at manners a couple times and they seem to have a lot and be able to make one if not.   Plus they are great stocks. They did the 22 trainers for some guys already so check with them
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
stork23raz View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2010 at 10:05
Thanks,,, I looked around at alot of sites.. EVERYBODY makes stocks for 10/22. but I onlty found 1 or 2 for savage, and those were the "pretty" bench/target stocks.
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2010 at 10:12
You can try http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/ They are rather pricey.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2010 at 10:25

Wow those mannerstocks are REALLY nice. might be a little out of my price range. But it would be sweet to have one then top it off  with a full bed and pillars job. too much for a 22? NAH.   to much money for me tho.

Edited by stork23raz - June/08/2010 at 10:26

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2010 at 10:36
On the sharpshooters site it says 100% inlet. Forgive my ignorance what does that mean?

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2010 at 13:17
Does anyone know if you can buy the TR stock directly from Savage.

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2010 at 13:29

Just called Savage and talked to "Shandy"  She said that it would be another month or two and they will be selling this stock as a replacement option. 
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2010 at 13:41
Originally posted by stork23raz stork23raz wrote:

On the sharpshooters site it says 100% inlet. Forgive my ignorance what does that mean?
 It means just drop it in and tighten the screws.
 Also try Stocky's rifle stocks. 
 SSS is expensive because they are custom made one at a time and probably take about 16-18 weeks to get.
 Boyds rifle stocks makes some laminate stocks for Savage models I never looked for the 22 stocks so I don't know if they have them or not.

Edited by rjtfroggy - June/08/2010 at 13:49
froggy
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2010 at 14:30

did they mention a price. id would prob be that long before i got the money.

SVT u are the man, do you eat sleep gun/optics?
cause if u do ur my role model

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2010 at 14:32

did they mention a price. id would prob be that long before i got the money.

SVT u are the man, do you eat sleep gun/optics?
cause if u do ur my role model

Didn't know a price point yet or at least couldn't give it to me.   I just got bored and had to ask Savage something anyway so I called. 

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2010 at 15:17
Originally posted by rjtfroggy rjtfroggy wrote:

It means just drop it in and tighten the screws.
 Also try Stocky's rifle stocks. 
 SSS is expensive because they are custom made one at a time and probably take about 16-18 weeks to get.
 Boyds rifle stocks makes some laminate stocks for Savage models I never looked for the 22 stocks so I don't know if they have them or not.
Yea i looked Boyds. they make centerfire stocks

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2010 at 15:23

This is pretty much exactly what i want. Id like  preferably a composite, but id take wood. This is one of the thouands of options for  a 10/22. but not a savage.  

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2010 at 05:27
I contacted Manner. They said they currently did not have a stock for the Savage but they have had so many request for them that they are going to start a design late this summer. 

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2010 at 07:13
I got to thinking, (yeah had a headache from it too) You might be able to call savage and tell them you have a MarkII TR and that it was dropped, damaged somehow and the stock has a break/crack/something on it and you wanted to buy another.... they may sell one for that reason but just to buy one they may say no.... worth a try 
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2010 at 07:21
I think they would want the serial number off of it. Well it will prob be month or two before I get the money saved up. Ill prob wait till savage start selling them. Ill might wait also and see how much Mannerstocks will cost when they make one. Since I would prefer the composite over the wood. The factory stock feels kinda kidish to me. Im 6'9" So something with a longer LOP and more solid would be nice. I kinda figure the Manner will be outside myprice range so I will prob end up getting the TR. Just have to wait and see how much it all cost and how much cash I can scrape together.

Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2010 at 19:47
current tr are running around $400, and the bolt has a larger tactical knob , the anschutz type stocks are designed to be used standing with little bend in the neck, the tr stocks are designed to duplicate prone tactical rifle shooting , you need to decide what your going to do, as the stocks are in different ends of the spectrum.
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2010 at 21:32
Prone what I will mainly be doing

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2010 at 07:57
Hey i found this. its not what I was wanting but very cool. Im sure someone would love to have it .

SampyMiller View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SampyMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2012 at 06:56
Appreciate in advance for those who can share about stocks....

Edited by cheaptrick - March/09/2012 at 12:56
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic