OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss Diavari

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little cleo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss Diavari
    Posted: June/05/2010 at 22:51
I did some more checking and found out an answer to my post about Diavari scopes and the Victory Diavari.  According to my source they said that the Diavari was made before the Victory model.  So it is a little older.  My question is has any members of the forum ever had a Zeiss Diavari 2.5-10x 50 scope.  I thought I got a reasonable price for being new in box.  I wish I could have taken a look at it but on ebay you have to bid or pass.  I am thinking though that Zeiss has to be a great scope.  And its not the Conquest line.  Nothing wrong but its still not the top of the line Zeiss is known for.
sakomato View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakomato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2010 at 23:21
Hey cleo

I have a Zeiss Diavari T* V/VM 2.5x10x50 and have had it for 15 years now.  One hell of a scope.  Very very wide field of view at over 43' if my memory serves me right.  Paid $1500 for mine back then.  It is a FFP scope so the reticle gets thicker as you crank it up but that makes it an excellent low light hunting scope.  Not so much for target shooting at 300 yds+.

Just recently sent it to Zeiss to have a turret put on it and it is low profile and looks good

this is how it looked before

If you can get one for $1000 or less then that is a deal IMO
Guns only have 2 enemies, rust and politicians
little cleo View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little cleo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2010 at 13:07
Thanks for the input.    The only thing I don't like is what you said about the cross hairs getting bigger when you turn up the power.  My Schmitt Bender is that way and though I have killed deer up to 300 yds ligit.  I really don't like it and almost sold it because of it.  The Diavari I bought was supposedly never used and was stock from a person who had an optic company.  I bought it ins. and shipped for 1025.  I thought I got a good deal.  But till its in my hand and I look at it I always hold my breath.  I hope it is as clear as my S&B scope.  Good luck hunting
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2010 at 13:15
I think you'll be very impressed with the Diavari next to the S&B.
It is also FFP and the reticle increases in size with increased magnification.

Good luck,
Doug
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2010 at 17:11
I have a Diavari 2.5-10X50 as well, but mine has a lit #8 reticle.

I love it!  It's a great scope in all respects!  The only difference between it and the current Victory Diavari scopes is different reticle options and the new scope has the "Lotutec" outer lens coatings.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic