OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

eurolux scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little cleo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: eurolux scope
    Posted: June/04/2010 at 23:39
Has anyone ever heard or had any dealings with this scope?  I saw one at my gunsmiths this week.  It looks alot like a Schmitt and Bender and appears quite clear.  It is supposedly a copy of a S&B made in China.  It was marked down to 60 dollars.  I need to know more.  Any info will help.  Thanks
mpr1tbr1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpr1tbr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2010 at 19:39
Google BEC Eurolux and BEC Goldlable.
Mike
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2010 at 19:40
You used to be able to buy them in the Shotgun News for $29.   
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2010 at 19:41
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
saitotiktmdog View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saitotiktmdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2010 at 08:18
I just purchased and enfield .303 that has a eurolux scope on it. Itsa fixed power 6x42. The rifle has been updated, rebarreled and has a new composite stock. It looks quite sweet. Its a comfortable gun.
HuntMaster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2010 at 09:07
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

You used to be able to buy them in the Shotgun News for $29.   
+1 , $60 wasn't marked down at all.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2010 at 16:22
Originally posted by little cleo little cleo wrote:

Has anyone ever heard or had any dealings with this scope?  I saw one at my gunsmiths this week.  It looks alot like a Schmitt and Bender and appears quite clear.  It is supposedly a copy of a S&B made in China.  It was marked down to 60 dollars.  I need to know more.  Any info will help.  Thanks

The only thing it has in common with S&B is the configuration.  In all other ways it could not be any different.

I hope whoever sold you that scope paid you to take it.

ILya

Edited by koshkin - August/20/2010 at 22:39
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2010 at 17:06
Thought you didn't have a sense of humor Ilya [:}
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2010 at 21:34
Originally posted by stickbow46 stickbow46 wrote:

every now and then he sneaks a zinger in there
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2010 at 22:39
Originally posted by stickbow46 stickbow46 wrote:

You are absolutely correct, I don't.

ILya
jgm1981 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgm1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2010 at 23:18
I have never herd of this brand but at that price point their cant be much if anything to it
Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saitotiktmdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2010 at 18:09
The Eurolux on my enfield is broken. The reticle rotates when you shoot it. Does anyone know if there is anywhere that I could get it repaired. I kind of like how the scope looks period to the rifle more so than a new fancy job would. Despite that the enfield still shot better than I thought before the scope crapped out.
Magnumdood View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnumdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2010 at 18:27
Originally posted by saitotiktmdog saitotiktmdog wrote:

The Eurolux on my enfield is broken. The reticle rotates when you shoot it. Does anyone know if there is anywhere that I could get it repaired. I kind of like how the scope looks period to the rifle more so than a new fancy job would. Despite that the enfield still shot better than I thought before the scope crapped out.

Wow!  It lasted 2 weeks, or probably more correctly, 2 range sessions...maybe 50 rounds?  Close?
America - Home of the Free

Because of the Brave
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2010 at 13:44
I would just get another scope.  
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saitotiktmdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2010 at 06:33
Originally posted by Magnumdood Magnumdood wrote:

Originally posted by saitotiktmdog saitotiktmdog wrote:

Wow!  It lasted 2 weeks, or probably more correctly, 2 range sessions...maybe 50 rounds?  Close?
Actually in only lasted one range session. I have a feeling the scope is probably at least 15 years old. Lasted about 50 rounds like you said.
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saitotiktmdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2010 at 06:37
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic