OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

8-32's: Vortex Crossfire or Mueller Target

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeb405 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8-32's: Vortex Crossfire or Mueller Target
    Posted: May/30/2010 at 19:43
I am looking for an inexpensive 8-32 with a 30mm tube for my Savage 204 Ruger.

Mostly paper, but some varmints.  I like being able to go to 32x on a good day to test ammo.

Anyone have one of these they can comment on?

Thanks.
Duckhunter39480 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duckhunter39480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2010 at 01:29
I have the Mueller 8- 32 mounted on a 22-250 A-bolt.  I've had it about 8 months now and I like the scope.  The 1/8" adjustments are accurate and it has held its zero.  The glass isn't bad either as I can clearly see bullet holes on a 100 yd target.
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yeild!
oldguy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2010 at 09:27
I have the Mueller, excellent scope like the dot/fine cross hair reticle. I have been looking at the vortex 8-32x50 for another gun but find few reviews on it at this point.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2010 at 09:35
The class quality at those high magnifications isn't gonna "shine" on either.  With the customer service of Vortex and the reviews they have plus my experience with several of their optics It would be the only choice for me.  Nothing against Mueller, haven't used one.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
jeb405 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeb405 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/2010 at 07:46
Thanks for the feedback.  I agree on Vortex reputation, that is the main reason for me to consider it.  But I have yet to be able to find someone who owns one.  Mueller seems to have a good reputation at thier price (and even a bit above).  I do own some really good glass (NF) but just can't afford that on every gun.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/2010 at 11:13
Originally posted by jeb405 jeb405 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.  I agree on Vortex reputation, that is the main reason for me to consider it.  But I have yet to be able to find someone who owns one.  Mueller seems to have a good reputation at thier price (and even a bit above).  I do own some really good glass (NF) but just can't afford that on every gun.
The one thing I will say about Vortex and you not seeing reviews is that if you get it and are unhappy with it they are willing to work with you to make you happy to the best of their ability.  I wouldn't let the lack of reviews on it stray you from their good name.  PM Scott@vortex or Sam@vortex and ask them their honest opinion on it. They will give it. 
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
oldguy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/19/2010 at 20:30
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

The class quality at those high magnifications isn't gonna "shine" on either.  With the customer service of Vortex and the reviews they have plus my experience with several of their optics It would be the only choice for me.  Nothing against Mueller, haven't used one.

Actually the glass quality on my Mueller is equal to my $500+ Nikon Monarch 5-20x44, the Mueller stays with it to 26 power then fades somewhat but for $219 surprising, I am not recommending one over the other as I have not tried the Vortex yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic