OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

help with mounting scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sw0311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help with mounting scope
    Posted: May/27/2010 at 20:02
First off no sniper, Here but enjoy shooting long range , so here is the problem. Just bought a SS Scope 10x40 trying to mount it on a Remington 700 .308. Would like a one peice base and close to mil spec as possible, unaware of the rings I should use or height.  Also a key factor is money, cant go spending a ton . Any help would be greatly apprecitated
sw0311 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sw0311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2010 at 20:29
forgot to mention I am a Marine and break stuff. So durability is a key
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2010 at 21:04

Welcome

http://swfa.com/TPS-XP-Tactical-1-Piece-Base-P42039.aspx

http://swfa.com/Weaver-Six-Hole-Tactical-30mm-Rings-P46464.aspx

That should get you fixed up. You could spend a lot more, but spend much less and you'll be doing it again. Thunbs Up

If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
sw0311 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sw0311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2010 at 09:07
thanks for the help,  would i use the low rings to get proper height
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2010 at 09:19
Originally posted by neilbilly neilbilly wrote:

Welcome

http://swfa.com/TPS-XP-Tactical-1-Piece-Base-P42039.aspx

http://swfa.com/Weaver-Six-Hole-Tactical-30mm-Rings-P46464.aspx

That should get you fixed up. You could spend a lot more, but spend much less and you'll be doing it again. Thunbs Up

+1, but I would suggest the TPS rings, too. If they are in stock! But yes, lows will do you fine. Semper Fi, Marine!( I too learned how to break stuff in the mean green machine)
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2010 at 10:19
I am using a TPS base and burris extreme tactical rings on my 700 and couldn't be happier.  Sturdy and looks great.   I am also using a EGW tactical base on a win 70 that has held up great too.  Using SS rings on it which are pretty much identical to the burris's listed above.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2010 at 10:30
Another Marine, welcome Devil Dog.

TPS is good stuff.

If you were a grunt, breaking stuff is in the job description, a good bolt gun can take it.  If you were  a POG, there's little chance of doing much damage to the TPS/SS/700 setup.

Let us know what you get and how it goes together.

Edited by Rancid Coolaid - May/28/2010 at 20:55
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
sw0311 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sw0311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2010 at 13:10

Infantry all the way here, is there any other way to go. guess ill look into the TPS  Ill let you know when I set it up

tjones96761 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjones96761 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2010 at 22:27
I have basically the same question except my 700 is left handed. looking at the picture they all look the same to me, don't see where right or left handed comes into play. Advise?

When I get tied down by the ties that bind, seems like I'm never gonna find the time to do what I need. - Jason Boland "Somewhere Down in Texas"
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2010 at 23:20
Originally posted by tjones96761 tjones96761 wrote:

I have basically the same question except my 700 is left handed. looking at the picture they all look the same to me, don't see where right or left handed comes into play. Advise?

All the TPS bases are labeled right handed. I would give SWFA a call in the morning and see if it is just a mis-print on there web-site.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic