OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Can you tell me anything about this scope?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcnabb100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can you tell me anything about this scope?
    Posted: May/23/2010 at 06:43
Hey guys I picked this scope up at a yardsale for $15. I don't really know anything about scopes and I was wondering if you guys could tell me anything about it. 

I know the pics aren't great but hopefully they will be good enough. 

Also sorry if this is in the wrong section, i wasn't really sure because I really don't know much about the scope. 

eurolynn View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eurolynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2010 at 07:47
It is a Tasco World Class.  Look under the ocular bell, on top where it says TASCO, rotate it and look on the bottom.  See if it says made in Japan or China.

If it says made in Japan, you have a decent scope for the price you paid.  If it says China, I am sorry to say, IMHO you have a mediocre scope.

I would do a dunk test first.  Then if it is still purged, put it on a rimfire.

But for $15, you still got as good a deal as one can get for this brand of scope.

The box, however, is from Leupold.  The guy who picked up the Tasco box may be a very happy camper.
"Guns aren't toys! They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face!"
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2010 at 08:00
 First off  Welcome to OT!!!!!!!!!

Heck,the box alone made it worth $15!!!!!!!!!!   Thunbs Up

I've heard good things about the World Class Tascos (better than the rest of the line).  If it's in decent shape it would be a user. What you plan on putting it on?

I don't know how old yours is but here are some specs from a newer model:
   http://swfa.com/Tasco-3-9x40-World-Class-Riflescope-P4524.aspx
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
mcnabb100 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcnabb100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2010 at 08:33
Made in china sadly, i hate how so much stuff is made there :/ 

But i'm just planning on throwing on my 10/22 and plinking with it, so it should be fine for that, probably overkill really, but at 15 bucks I didn't want to pass up the deal. It was the only scope there, makes me wonder what became of the leupold. 
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2010 at 10:12
15 dollars? I'd say for that price if it's useable, and the glass coatings are in good shape, you did well.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2010 at 15:32
Had a World Class Tasco sit on my 270 for several years.  Finally fell apart but did what I needed till then.  $15 isn't bad.  It will do ok for you.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic