OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

CMR14X24

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CMR14X24
    Posted: May/19/2010 at 16:40
Hi all, I am new to this forum and am wondering if anyone here has purchased and used this Leatherwood scope. If so do you like it and would you recommend it on a AR?

Thanks,
gcp
gcp View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2010 at 07:47
Hi all,

I was hoping for quick guidance 'cause I need to decide ASAP if I should pull the trigger on this deal or not but obviously since this scope is new to the market this group may not be familiar with it. I called leatherwood yesterday and spoke to John who was polite and helpful. It appears they are very proud with the work they've done on this scope (quality glass and reticule proprietary mounting) and they highly recommend it but they are the manufacturer after all.

Only reason I am doing away with what's on my LMT now, a reddot/laser combo, is that at 150 yards the old eyes are no longer doing their job and my accuracy's been suffering so I am trying to find a happy compromise of small package, 4x when needed, and the low light capability of a red/green dot. Leaning toward a green dot btw. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2010 at 08:00
 Wanted  to WELCOME you to OT,gcp.

I'm just not familiar with those type scopes but there are lots of guys here who are. I'm sure you'll get replies before long. Meanwhile I'll make sure your thread stays up top.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
gcp View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2010 at 08:03
Thank you sir!!
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2010 at 12:12
That scope just started shipping two weeks ago so not many are out there.  We were very impressed with the one we played with and could not believe the price.

gcp View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2010 at 13:39
Chris, sounds like I need to order one then, where do I call you to talk to you?

Thanks,
gcp
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2010 at 14:07
 Here you go,gcp:

Or you can order on-line by clicking on the web address in Chris' post.
gcp View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2010 at 14:34
Thank you, I already have that contact number but been having a bit of an issue with the girl that answers the phone since yesterday, it seems SWFA is much too busy to talk to me. I even left my name and number but no call back as of yet and tried to get a hold of Chris a few minutes ago but he was not available. I'll try again in a bit or Chris you can call me when you have some free time to talk through this scope and take my order.

Thanks again,
gcp

Edited by Stephanie - May/20/2010 at 16:17
gcp
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2010 at 14:36
I would ask for Christopher, Brady, or Stephanie....

PS you may not want you number to be out there like that....

Edited by SVT_Tactical - May/20/2010 at 14:38
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
gcp View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2010 at 15:33
Thank you for the added numbers. I too thought twice about posting my number but hope our small community will respect it. If on the other hand the moderator things it'll be best for it not to appear please feel free to delete it.

Thanks again for all your help gentemen!
gcp View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2010 at 16:06
I talked to Chris, and purchased the scope per his recommendation, so please remove my phone number as I see no way of editing it myself.

Thanks again for all your help gang, I'll report back on what I think of it once I receive and use it.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2010 at 16:17

Thunbs Up  Thunbs Up    We'll be waiting,gcp!
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2010 at 16:19
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

Thunbs Up  Thunbs Up    We'll be waiting,gcp!

Yes we will.  Hope you stick around and share your experience and enjoy the OT as much as we all do!
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2010 at 16:59
Sorry you had a hard time getting through today but right after I made that post the tornado sirens went off and there was a tornado on the ground a few miles from our location so we were all in the conference room. 

The storm had just passed when you got through to me earlier.  Good talking to you, let us know your impressions after you get the scope.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2010 at 18:07
wow thats too close.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2010 at 18:31
Should be interesting to hear your review of it as the price sounds quite reasonable.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
gcp View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2010 at 18:36
Thanks again to Chris, and to the rest of the gang. I'll stick around for sure to provide feedback as I am sure many here will be interested in this scope.
gcp View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2010 at 19:57
Here's my other AR fitted with a fixed 16X.........

Yep, repeat customer.
gcp View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2010 at 18:39

The CMR arrived! Most excellent service by the SWFA personnel as I ordered on Thursday evening and the scope is in my hands today (Alabama).

First the bad news, I thought I had 30mm see through scope mounts but I don't. Hope to land a set by Friday, I hope.

The rest is all good news. The scope is surprisingly heavy duty so it feels rock solid (reminds me of the SWFA SS in a way), the glass is very clear in daylight (will try dusk capability in an hour or so), the green dot/horseshoe is strong and the crosshairs and other displayed info is clearly visible even to my tired eyes, the controls are user friendly, and last but not least the packaging the scope arrived in was A+, a small detail of professionalism that cannot, should not go unnoticed. Of course the proof's in the shooting so I will reserve judgment until the weekend but to those of us that claim that the made in China logo is a definite node of disapproval, I would say it appears that the Chinese are going by way of Japan, and I do remember the days when the Japanese products were considered much inferior to the made in the USA products only to eventually surpass us in practically every category.

Now back to the garage for a bit more fondling Smile

gcp View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2010 at 19:33
A couple of pics of the scope half way mounted onto the LMT. It looks like it belongs and what's sweet is it allows me to also install this Sig flashlight/laser combo onto the rifle's flattop so there's no need for extra hand guard rails. I like it when things work out.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic