OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Thoughts on Weaver Classic V Series Scopes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teddy12b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thoughts on Weaver Classic V Series Scopes?
    Posted: May/12/2010 at 08:38
I've been looking for a new scope for one of my rifles.  It'll get used 99% of the time at the range and possibly for hunting one week a year.  I used to have a weaver classic v 4-16x and it was a good repeatable scope. 

Now that I'd prefer something with more magnification I'm thinking abuot the 6-24x with the mildot reticle.  Are these good repeatable scopes that are worth their price?
TominCA View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TominCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2010 at 12:33
I have the 2-8 and the 1-3 so they are not exactly the scope you are looking at - but there should be some carry over in my opinion.

The most concise thing I can say is that they are good for the money and will get the job done. If you are an occasional hunter and not into optics these are fine. They are not as rugged or sharp as Ziess Conquest or Leo 3 but they are also less than half the price and will get the job done. "Adequate" is an important adjective to describe them.

If you go hunting with your buddies a few times a year and paper punch at the 100 yard range occasionally they are a wonderful value that will give you years of good solid use.
But if you are a serious bench shooter or go terrorize the prarie dogs twice a month, spend more money.
Tom in CA
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2010 at 12:53
 +1
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
scubasteve View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scubasteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2010 at 23:47
I have Weavers on all 3 ofmy deer hunting rifles. I hunt about 10 weeks a year. Most of our hunting is in swamp. We are constantly in and out of boats. The rifles get banged around alot. I have had zero problems with my Weavers. Each year before the season starts my scopes require little, if any, adjustment. I swear by them.
I consider them an excellant value for the money.
ATF should be the name of a convience store, not afederal agency.
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2010 at 11:14
I use a couple of 6-24x42 for my better rimfire target rifles and they are really popular with the rimfire match shooting crowd. In my opinion they are really good scopes for the money. 
NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2010 at 11:31
Ed likes Weaver Classic so you can probably bet they will last a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time.  I think his was made right after they invented glass...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2010 at 11:49
Hiding  Our Ed?
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2010 at 16:27
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Ed likes Weaver Classic so you can probably bet they will last a LOOOOONNNNGGGG time.  I think his was made right after they invented glass...

Or right after they invented light.....Bandito

Edited by cheaptrick - May/16/2010 at 16:28
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic