OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Aimpoint vs EoTech

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2010 at 12:54
A cheap method to raise them would be use a riser on your rail. That would get them in line with your irons to co witness.  not the best but usable.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
GriswoldGuns View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GriswoldGuns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2010 at 13:45
Thanks, but I think I would rather just get a decent mount. Something similar to the Bobro or Larue but less than $80... worst comes to worst I will wait awhile longer and spring some extra $$ for one of the previous mentioned.
Climb to Glory
I carry a .45 because having to shoot twice is just silly
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2010 at 13:48
10/4

I do think Vortex sells individual rings instead of a set in the 30mm size that would work with the aimpoint. 
Some even claim the cowitness
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2010 at 13:57
If you're willing to spend the money these three makers will get you want you want:

1. LaRue. They are arguably the best mounts out there and the CS is as good as any company  i've ever used. They sent me so much extra stuff with past orders and answered questions promptly. Top notch.

American Defense mounts are right there with Larue as well. Warne makes great single rings.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
hebertjb View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hebertjb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2010 at 13:58
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Honestly, I think over the next several years red dot sights will be slowly going the way of the dodo.....

I'm curious as to why you think red dot sights will go away. Can you explain why you think that? Do you think that reticled scopes will take back their "rightful place" or do you think another technology will fill in?  Personally, I find reticled scopes much more precise for their intended uses but red dots much easier to use for qucik acuisition in CQ situations where very precise placment is not needed or even possible owing to time constraints.

thanks
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GriswoldGuns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2010 at 13:59
Excellent, thank you. Now the hard part... convincing the wife that this is more practical then another 50 "cute outfits" for the baby...
Climb to Glory
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GriswoldGuns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2010 at 14:19
*wish I could edit posts already* Any other mounts for the Eotech that would allow cowitness?
Climb to Glory
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2010 at 14:28
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GriswoldGuns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2010 at 14:55
Originally posted by shooter07 shooter07 wrote:

http://www.topgunsupply.com/rock-river-arms-dominator-2-eotech-mount.html
Nice but a bit pricy and I already have a BUIS that I will not trade for the world
Climb to Glory
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GriswoldGuns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2010 at 15:58
Why does SWFA have to have such a great selection... Stumbled upon the Vortex StrikeFire and the SPARC and am curious how these compare to the CompC3 or a low end Eotech. Are these even worth considering or are they just junk that isnt worth the $$ to put on my plinker?
Climb to Glory
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2010 at 16:00
Have you looked at www.samplelist.com?  its run by SWFA. 
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2010 at 16:01
Originally posted by GriswoldGuns GriswoldGuns wrote:

Why does SWFA have to have such a great selection...
Because they are the best of the best
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GriswoldGuns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2010 at 16:50
yes, I have been eying the CompC3 2moa for $329... now to pull $329 out of my butt as my wife has indicated that bills are more important than killing zombies
Climb to Glory
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2010 at 20:05
Originally posted by hebertjb hebertjb wrote:

Honestly, I think over the next several years red dot sights will be slowly going the way of the dodo.....

I'm curious as to why you think red dot sights will go away. Can you explain why you think that? Do you think that reticled scopes will take back their "rightful place" or do you think another technology will fill in?  Personally, I find reticled scopes much more precise for their intended uses but red dots much easier to use for qucik acuisition in CQ situations where very precise placment is not needed or even possible owing to time constraints.

thanks

I think that low range variables are now getting good enough at 1x to largely replace traditional full-size red dot sights, while offering more versatility.  I think that is a better solution that a red dot with magnifier.

Miniature red-dots, I think, are more viable long term as secondary sights and as dedicated close range sights.  Hence, Aimpoint Micros and similar sights have better long-term potential, IMO.

ILya
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2010 at 17:25
Concur with the Dark Lord.
Aimpoint Micros like the T-1 have won me over. ...BIG! 
Doubt I'll ever go back to the Comps now that I have a Micro. EO's are off my grid totally.

Good shooting!    

Edited by cheaptrick - July/14/2010 at 17:26
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GriswoldGuns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2010 at 07:58
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Doubt I'll ever go back to the Comps now that I have a Micro.

Still an optics newbie, but is the micro the same tech were the dot doesnt have to be centered?  And if you wanna get rid of any Comps, let me know.
Climb to Glory

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2010 at 19:11
Originally posted by GriswoldGuns GriswoldGuns wrote:

Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Doubt I'll ever go back to the Comps now that I have a Micro.

Still an optics newbie, but is the micro the same tech were the dot doesnt have to be centered?  And if you wanna get rid of any Comps, let me know.

As ruff and tuff as the Comps, same dot tech, but smaller.

Heres mine, with a LaRue mount, also courtesy of SWFA....Wink

helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2010 at 19:27
Nice Micro CT.  I love the Aimpoints and love my Comp.  Would be interesting to do a side by side with a Micro to see which I like better.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2010 at 19:31
Originally posted by helo18 helo18 wrote:

Nice Micro CT.  I love the Aimpoints and love my Comp.  Would be interesting to do a side by side with a Micro to see which I like better.

Let me know when you'd like to and I'll send you mine to do just that.
(Can't keep it though.) No No  Wink 
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2010 at 09:10

Originally posted by hebertjb hebertjb wrote:

thanks

I think that low range variables are now getting good enough at 1x to largely replace traditional full-size red dot sights, while offering more versatility.  I think that is a better solution that a red dot with magnifier.

Miniature red-dots, I think, are more viable long term as secondary sights and as dedicated close range sights.  Hence, Aimpoint Micros and similar sights have better long-term potential, IMO.

ILya
ILya, I can tell you that there is a large group within the military that agrees with you.  And they want it NOW...
There are some issues with placement which must be overcome, but your comments are right on...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic