OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

3-9x40 vs 3.5-10x44

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjm308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3-9x40 vs 3.5-10x44
    Posted: May/07/2010 at 15:45
I'm thinking of a new scope for my 308 and this range seems to be ideal; however, I'm really wanting to get an idea of the difference between these two?  From what I can tell looking at the specs (other than the obvious difference in zoom power and objective size) the only thing I can see that is different is the 3.5-10 has parrallax adjustment.  The odd thing is that the 3.5-10x costs quite a bit more so I'm wondering if I'm missing something?  Thank you.

Bill
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2010 at 15:57
Other than the parrallax if we didn't tell you what the two scopes were and they were unlabeled as long as they are the same brand and line of scope you wouldn't notice a difference other than the extra power and the parallax adjustment.
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
wjm308 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjm308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2010 at 16:09
Okay, thank you for verifying.  Do you think the Parallax is going to make a big difference?  For hunting everything will be less than 400 yards; however, for target I might go out a bit further so would I be hindered by the 3-9x40 for anything beyond 500?
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2010 at 16:12
At that power parallax shouldn't be a huge issue at all. Our 3-9 had no issues at all out to 800 yards and it has no parallax. you should be fine without it save your money and buy the one without the parallax. However if you step up into 14 or 16x and up magnification on the high end I would reccomend a parallax adjustment.
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic