OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

I need help with my Zeiss Conquest!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need help with my Zeiss Conquest!!!
    Posted: May/05/2010 at 17:09

Can someone please help me identify why my Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 is out of vertical ajustment at 100m? Its mounted on a weaver base on a .308 rem 7600 pump. Im using weaver 49034 low ss rings. It has been bore sighted by 2 diffrent people saying its spot on but still shooting around 4.2 inchs low at 100m. I have taken it to the local shop and they say the amorer has to inspect. Is this the issue or is it as simple as changing the rings?. No one can give me s straight answer why.

thanks
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 17:36

Are you using a 1pc base or 2pc?  4.2" low of center is not bad for boresighting which is just suppose to get you on the target.  So now your saying you have no more vertical adjustment in the scope to raise the bullet's point of impact?

"I ain't got time to bleed!"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 17:36
Usually that is caused by poor ring alignment. 
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Aussie Shooter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 17:58
Im using a single base and that is correct im trying to raise the point of impact to allign where the cross hairs are. Do i need to just replace the weaver rings with Warne medium mounts?
Aussie Shooter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 18:16
Would a 20moa Picatinny rail fix this problem
cowski View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 20:50
try swapping the rings front to back or turn the rings around.
never corner something meaner than you are jbc
cowski View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 20:52
forgot to add a 20mm base will make it shoot lower.
never corner something meaner than you are jbc
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2010 at 07:03
 +1 on moving the rings around.  Also lay some kind of straight edge across the mounted ring bottoms to see if they're of the same height.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic