OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

zeiss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: zeiss
    Posted: May/04/2010 at 08:23
what is the difference between the conquest 3x9x40 and the older made in usa diavari 3x9x36? 
never corner something meaner than you are jbc
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2010 at 09:19
Diavari is the original line of Zeiss scopes and the Conquest has been built to compete with other brands at a lower price range.
They still make Diavari scopes and most have the 30mm tube where the conquest line has a 1 inch tube.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
cowski View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 07:51
thanks umfd is the glass the same?
never corner something meaner than you are jbc
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 10:48

No, the current Conquest has the "MC" multicoatings and glass supplied by Meopta, whereas the older 3-9X Diavari had Schott glass and their T* multicoatings, the same as their 30mm Diavari scopes (minus the new "Lotutec" hydrophobic coating, of course).  The Diavari series scopes are a bit better than Conquest optically, but not by a huge margin.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 10:50
Isn't Meopta glass acutally Schott glass?  That is what Richard at Meopta in New York told me.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 10:51
I am not absolutely certain on this but I believe the glass is the same just imported and assembled here. The Diavari does have Lotutec lens coating along with fully T* multicoated lens. The Conquest does not have that. Also the Conquest is a 1" tube vs. the Diavari having a 30mm tube. Diavari is a 4x erector system where as the Conquest is only a 3X erector system.

Edited by Chris Farris II - May/05/2010 at 10:51
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 11:03
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Isn't Meopta glass acutally Schott glass?  That is what Richard at Meopta in New York told me.

Wouldn't surprise me, since many, if not most european manufacturers get their glass from Schott.

Edited by RifleDude - May/05/2010 at 11:06
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 11:05
Originally posted by Chris Farris II Chris Farris II wrote:

I am not absolutely certain on this but I believe the glass is the same just imported and assembled here. The Diavari does have Lotutec lens coating along with fully T* multicoated lens. The Conquest does not have that. Also the Conquest is a 1" tube vs. the Diavari having a 30mm tube. Diavari is a 4x erector system where as the Conquest is only a 3X erector system.

The Conquest coatings are what they call "MC," which isn't the same as the T* coatings.  I don't know what the difference really is, but I'm sure it's probably due to the fact Meopta supplies the lenses and therefore may supply them already coated.
Ted

Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 11:10
I don't think you would be able to distinguish a big difference if any at all as far as image quality between that older Diavari and a NEW Conquest.
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 20:18

KOSHKIN...Please set them straight...

No one
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic