OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Anyone look thru a Kronehof 600 7x35?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone look thru a Kronehof 600 7x35?
    Posted: May/04/2010 at 08:14
I stumbled across this binoc as having a 561' FoV which would suit my purpose  just great. They're currently priced at $200 at only one source so far - just wondering if they're any good and what the eye relief would be?  Thanks.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2010 at 09:42
Sorry never heard of them.  I have been hearing that the best value in binoculars right now is the Zen Ray  http://swfa.com/Zen-Ray-Binoculars-C2698.aspx  Aparently you get about the equivilent of binoculars exceeding twice the price.   I dont have any but the guys that do just rave about how good they are. The binoculars I have are Bushnell 10x42 Elite and I like them real well they are really good glass but more money than you are talking.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - May/04/2010 at 09:43

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
NDhunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 18:03
TP;

You have seemed to have picked out a rare bird here, I also wonder how many have
even heard of this binocular, let alone have any experience.  Sounds very foreign and
I suppose European only, so proceed with that in mind with service and all the rest.
Bird Watcher View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 18:31

tpcollins,

Once your are logged in you will find a PM from me connecting you with another binocular forum where they specialize in European binos.
anweis View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anweis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2010 at 07:37
It has a German sounding name to impress; this is an old marketing tactic.
That binocular looks as if made in China or Japan, more likely China. 
Such wide field of view can be achieved at the cost of very short eye relief (probably 10 mm) and considerable distortion, astigmatism (out of focus) and vignetting (dark ring) at the edge of the field of view. In the end, the image may be good in the center of the field, but you would be better off to avoid that instrument.

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2010 at 13:14
Originally posted by anweis anweis wrote:

It has a German sounding name to impress; this is an old marketing tactic.
That binocular looks as if made in China or Japan, more likely China. 

My sister's deceased husband purchased a 10x50 binocular, in Germany, while stationed in the Army, back in the 50's.
Although the binocular was labeled with German words and numerics, it was manufactured in Japan.

Nothing unusual about global manufacturing and marketing, even back in those days. Wink
Many European optical products were stamped "Made in Japan", over a period of decades.

Edited by Bird Watcher - May/06/2010 at 13:17
fgrbdf View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgrbdf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2010 at 02:25
Yes, that binocular is indeed made in China.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2010 at 16:41
Originally posted by tpcollins tpcollins wrote:

I stumbled across this binoc as having a 561' FoV which would suit my purpose  just great. They're currently priced at $200 at only one source so far
Winning Bid $4.84

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320515273377
NDhunter View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2010 at 19:07
That seems to be quite a low price.  I wonder, I suppose they are priced for value.
Now maybe we won't here much more on this forum on this optic.  I only hope.

Jerry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic