OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Xotic Rifle Scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeldredge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xotic Rifle Scope
    Posted: May/04/2010 at 06:20

Hello to all, I am new to the forum. Does anyone know when Xotic will release their "sniper" scope. I have been waiting patiently and checking their website often. I have no experience with this scope, but from what I can see it should be a decent mid level optic for an excellent price. My second question, and I am sure this has been delt with a hundred times in here before, but here it goes. I need a new scope for a rifle, back when times were better this would be a no brainer as I would be purchasing a S&B or US Optics. Well times are tough as I am sure I don't need to remind anyone here. I have a budget of no more than $1,300.00, this is a hard price point as it does not get me close enough to the Nightforce NXS. I was considering a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 6.5-20x50mm non-illuminated TMR. I have no experience with the Leupolds. Given this budget and yes I would like 20 x magnification, what else am I not thinking of that would make a fine scope.

Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stranger.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2010 at 07:26
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2010 at 08:15
Consider the Leupold VX3 range. The 6,5-20 with varmint reticule makes for a fine scope.

I have one that has held zero for over 3500 rounds now.
jeldredge View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeldredge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2010 at 08:48
Thanks for the quick reply. I should have been a little more clear on exactly what I wanted in a scope. I am a big fan of using the reticle to range my target, so I like the good old Mildot system, or would try the TMR. I like target turrets for quick on the fly adjustments. I like the "Tactical" look, but I don't see my fat AS* seeing action anytime soon, so that's more of a visual thing and not crucial. I was thinking about the Vortex PST, but I have not read any reviews, so I am scepticle. I'm sure that's what is keeping a whole lot of people at bay. Again thank you for your time, which is the most valuable gift we can give.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2010 at 09:26
This will have better glass than any Leupold will have.  People whom have reviewed it claim the adjustments are very accurate and consistent as well.  Sightron has great customer service as well incase it is ever needed.
http://swfa.com/Sightron-6-24x50-SIII-30mm-Riflescope-P9151.aspx

Edited by supertool73 - May/04/2010 at 09:26
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2010 at 09:34
Sound advice from 8shots.  the  VX3 in the 6.5-20x50 has more internal adjustment than the Mark 4 6.5-20x50.  The VX3 has the covered target knobs with a cap and is 1/4 moa clicks.  Buy a rangefinder or if you must have a Mil dot reticle call Leupold Custom Shop and order it that way. Then you can select custom color engraving different knobs like M1 style etc etc.   The VX3 glass was significantly improved last year.  My other suggestion is that you consider the Trijicon Accupoint 5-20x50 mil dot with illuminated reticle  (green or yellow) which has the feel and look of a nightforce but with better glass for less money. 
 http://swfa.com/Trijicon-5-20x50-Accu-Point-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P12887.aspx  The only down side to this scope is that it has 50 moa total of internal adjustment so select your base accordingly and I suggest a plus 20 moa base from Badger Ordnance.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
jeldredge View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeldredge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2010 at 14:53
The Trijicon is an excellent scope that unfortunatley suffers from not enough elevation adjustment. What an awesome looking scope, I wish it would have at least 70 MOA adjustment, I would have bought it in a heartbeat as I am a die-hard Trijicon fan, go ACOG !!! As you pointed out only 50 MOA, boo hoo. Someone please call their PR or R&D department and tell them their losing business. The Leupold VX3 with some custom shop touches might be the best choice as I can still order the turetts I want. Thanks.
jeldredge View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeldredge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2010 at 14:58
OK, please don't laugh or throw things at me for saying this, but as anyone had any luck with the Hawke Tactical line? The reason I am asking is that I am a fan of snipercentral.com and take what the writer has to say serious. The writer did a review on a non tactical scope made by Hawke and it did fairly well, so is this a serious scope? My guess if it was I would be hearing allot about it, and I don't so?
jeldredge View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeldredge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 14:32
Has anyone gotten their Vortex PST Viper scope yet? If you have how is it? Does anyone know of a review they have seen on it? I could order on faith, but with my luck, huh!!!!
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 14:33
Faith in Vortex is easy especially when they have the reputation and customer service for it like they do!

Edited by SVT_Tactical - May/05/2010 at 15:51
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Scott_at_Vortex View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott_at_Vortex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 15:42
Originally posted by jeldredge jeldredge wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. I should have been a little more clear on exactly what I wanted in a scope. I am a big fan of using the reticle to range my target, so I like the good old Mildot system, or would try the TMR. I like target turrets for quick on the fly adjustments. I like the "Tactical" look, but I don't see my fat AS* seeing action anytime soon, so that's more of a visual thing and not crucial. I was thinking about the Vortex PST, but I have not read any reviews, so I am scepticle. I'm sure that's what is keeping a whole lot of people at bay. Again thank you for your time, which is the most valuable gift we can give.

I can honestly say that you will be well served with a PST. I do a good portion of the field testing on our scopes and have even run the PST prototypes in comps here in WI and they have not let me down yet. You really get a lot for your money with these scopes.
   Obviously I don't expect those of you that dont know me to take my word for it as it probably is a little bias,but I will never lie to you guys about our products, I wouldnt want it done to me so I wont do it to you. So what you can do is order one up and try it for yourself(once they are availableSmile) and by chance you dont care for it(which I honestly dont see this happening) SWFA will take care of you and if by some extreme,extreme longshot SWFA doesnt, call us and we will do what ever need be to make you happy. The latter really is neither here nor there as we all know SWFA's customer service.

All in all I really can not see anyone unhappy with these scopes. Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.

Scott

www.vortextactical.com

www.vortexoptics.com
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 15:49
Very well said.  Thunbs Up
jeldredge View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeldredge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2010 at 09:57
When do you think I would be able to get a hold of one of your fine scopes?
Scott_at_Vortex View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott_at_Vortex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2010 at 07:58
If you order one from SWFA you may still get in on the first batch which we should be shipping in June.

Scott
www.vortextactical.com

www.vortexoptics.com
jeldredge View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeldredge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2010 at 08:35
Scott,
    Thanks for the help. I will be placing an order today for the Vortex PST. I hope that this turns out to be the incredible scope that I need. I am very brand loyal, and people loyal. The next item in line will be one of your Razor HD spotting scopes. Again thanks, I wish you the very best of luck with your products.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2010 at 08:42
vortex is awesome. i love my viper.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic