OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

scope for 22-250...no idea atm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithy351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scope for 22-250...no idea atm
    Posted: April/30/2010 at 11:35
g'day everyone, first off just wanna say great site, ive been searching for a dedicated optics sight for ages...... i got a huge question and plead for help atm.... i live in australia, currently i bought a howa hogue stainless in 22-250, beautiful rifle, i also went off and ordered a vortex crossfire 6-24x50 scope from the us, which turns out where i was gonna by it from refuses to sell vortex to australia, Loco and over here vortex scopes cost about $200 more onto. so at the moment im absolutly clueless on what to buy, buying from the states saves me about 100-200 bucks on purchases, i got at most $260 US to spend, and am after a large scope, do alot of shooting on large open properties where varmint game sits a good distance away and most of my hunts are done in low light conditions, so i need something to reflect on that, also i dont spend alot of dollars on scopes, we use em on back of utes ect, so they tend to scratch ect, so dont wanna put money into a good scope. So with what budget i got, and with what i am after, i would really, and i do mean really, appreciate any help, advice and assistance anyone here might be able to give

thanks heaps in advance

Derrik View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2010 at 16:29

The new Redfield Revoloution scopes are great. They dont offer anything in a 6-24 yet, however, they do have a 4-12x40 with a accurange reticle (some-what of a BDC). Not sure exactly how far you will be shooting, but this could potentially be a good scope for you.

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2010 at 17:50

You are limited to what you can buy there.  I would suggest a Bushnell 4200 if you can get one.  You wont be able to mail order from the U.S. due to customs laws.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
keithy351 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithy351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2010 at 19:52
what do you guys think about the new 6.5-20x44 weaver scopes from there new 40/44 series
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2010 at 21:26
For a  22-250 they are probably a good choice.  I think they only have 50 moa of internal adjustment but check on that.   What distance are your shots?

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2010 at 21:35

NIKON You should have plenty of dealers who offer nikon they run around your price range...

No one
keithy351 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keithy351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/01/2010 at 09:27
g'day guys, no issues any more, i just ordered a weaver 6.5-20x44 scope, heard good things about them, they won the Field & Stream "2009 Best of the Best Award" for optics excellence. Some say there a copy of another type but who knows, will soon find out, also i ordered it from the states, it saved me $100 aus, i love shopping online, save so much money, can anyone here recommend any other good online hunting websites the post world wide
prkrgrp View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prkrgrp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2011 at 19:28
try the nikon varmint coyote special
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic