OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Beware!!! Bushnell Customer Service

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eurolynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2010 at 08:41
I think knowing a good CS is available is a good thing.

I can not think of a company who does not make a lemon once in a while.  I had a friend who had to send back two new Leupolds.  His other 11 Leupies never gave him problems.  But those two needed to be returned, and a good customer service was needed, and provided.

A cousin of mine had to send off a Burris, a friend in Germany had problems with his Zeiss, yeah I said Zeiss!  I could keep going with years of scope problem  situations. But the point is it is good to know a company has a good Customer Service, because every company drops the ball once in a while. 

For some makers it is a very small amount (like Leupold), for some it is massive
(like low end Bushnells and Tasco).

It is great that Leupold is on the high end of performing well.  But people with eye problems (like me) cant use Leupold very well, I need the focus adjustments that Bushnell and Vortex provide.
"Guns aren't toys! They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face!"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2010 at 08:47
Originally posted by brilite brilite wrote:

Hi,
Exactly why I buy Leupold.
Outstanding product and unbeatable, responsive, service and support.
America First,
Brian

if you believe that ive got swamp land to sell you. america first?? not hardly, most of the components of leupolds are made else where and only assembled here.

They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
allcheck View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allcheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2010 at 17:26
UPDATE

I started this topic after going back and forth a few times with the Bushnell repair center.  A Bushnell Rep, Jacob Loper (Member ID - Bushnell), contacted me through the forum and had a replacement scope shipped.  The new DMS is mounted and waiting to be sighted in.  I could have done without the initial problems, but the issue is now resolved.  Thanks Jacob!!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2010 at 17:27
good to hear!Thunbs Up
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2010 at 17:39
It is great to know that some of the Rep's are the OT and are listening to what people have to say. Getting in touch with the right person that cares about the company is the key to good CS. Way to go Bushnell.  Hugger
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
onfinal View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onfinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2010 at 18:07
Originally posted by dhdoyle dhdoyle wrote:

Hi,

OK. I have a couple 25-year old Leupold scopes on my hunting rifles. I bought them at the time because they had a reputation for NOT requiring service. However, this thread isn't about Leupold. It's about Bushnell.

Frankly, when I but something, I do it with the intention of never contacting customer service. I don't want great repair or warranty service. I want a product that works. When I read threads like this, I don't pay attention to the comments about how great their service is. I note how many posts mention that they had optics that required repairs. This thread has been fairly low on posts that mentioned sending their Bushnell scopes back. That's a good thing, I think.

I read one mega post on another board about a scope brand, how great their customer service was, and how the owner was a great guy to deal with. Everybody was really enthused. What everybody else missed was the enormous number of people who chimed in and said that they had to send their scope back. I don't care how great their support is. I don't want one of those!

+ several!

Outstanding post . . . couldn't agree more.
brilite View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brilite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2010 at 19:07

Hi,

OK. I have a couple 25-year old Leupold scopes on my hunting rifles. I bought them at the time because they had a reputation for NOT requiring service. However, this thread isn't about Leupold. It's about Bushnell.

Frankly, when I but something, I do it with the intention of never contacting customer service. I don't want great repair or warranty service. I want a product that works. When I read threads like this, I don't pay attention to the comments about how great their service is. I note how many posts mention that they had optics that required repairs. This thread has been fairly low on posts that mentioned sending their Bushnell scopes back. That's a good thing, I think.

I read one mega post on another board about a scope brand, how great their customer service was, and how the owner was a great guy to deal with. Everybody was really enthused. What everybody else missed was the enormous number of people who chimed in and said that they had to send their scope back. I don't care how great their support is. I don't want one of those!

This isn't about Bushnell.  It's about service and support, from any manufacturer!
You want a scope that works, by a Leupold.
You don't want great repair or warranty service, don't buy a Leupold.
Eight Leupolds never sent back for a problem, freezer full, neighbor's freezer full, no problems, at all, ever.
Brian
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2010 at 19:12
[/QUOTE]
This isn't about Bushnell. 
[/QUOTE]

The thread topic was "Beware!!! Bushnell Customer Service"

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2010 at 20:17

Hi,

This isn't about Bushnell.  It's about service and support, from any manufacturer!
You want a scope that works, by a Leupold.
You don't want great repair or warranty service, don't buy a Leupold.
Eight Leupolds never sent back for a problem, freezer full, neighbor's freezer full, no problems, at all, ever.
Brian

buying a leupold is like buying a lincoln, its the same thing as a crown victoria, but you pay a lot more for the name and dont really gain anything. as far as you thinking that leupolds are made in the usa, better think again, they are pretty much only assembled here.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
WYcoyote View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WYcoyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2010 at 22:30
I broke thru the ice crossing a stream on a late season elk hunt and bent the objective end of my Leupold 3.5x10.
I sent it in and they deemed it unrepairable. Even though it was my fault I thought their CS would help me out a bit.
Well, they did not, but offered to sell me a somewhat similar scope at a price I didn't think was very competitive.
That chapped me a little and have since bought 3 Burris Signatures, a Zeiss Conquest, and a Bushnell Elite 4200 since then.
Do I miss my Leupold?  Ah... no.
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2010 at 02:06
OK  i usually don't bash on name "brand" stuff but about 17ys ago i bought a bushnell scope i couldn't get  the S.O.B. to line up if my life  had depended on it. from that point never again. but thats just me i get burnt once it will never happen again.
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2010 at 02:20
If I made it a point to never use a brand of scopes which failed on me at one time or another, I would have to stick to iron sights.

All things mechanical break occasionally.  If you have enough scopes go through your hands, at least one of each maker will end up dying on you at one time or another.

ILya
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2010 at 06:48
Sounds words from a man thats handled and evaluated hundreds of scopes
as an Optics engineer.  Thanks for teh sanity check ILya!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2010 at 06:57
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Sounds words from a man thats handled and evaluated hundreds of scopes
as an Optics engineer.  Thanks for teh sanity check ILya!

agreed.  Your experience is greatly appreciated here.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2010 at 11:24
+1....Thanks
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2010 at 15:49
2 each is there own  i guess.
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2010 at 15:56
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

If I made it a point to never use a brand of scopes which failed on me at one time or another, I would have to stick to iron sights.

All things mechanical break occasionally.  If you have enough scopes go through your hands, at least one of each maker will end up dying on you at one time or another.

ILya

To elaborate a little more:

I have never bought a product because I thought that the customer service of a particular company was good.  

However, I have definitely avoided buying otherwise perfectly decent products because I was pretty sure that had something gone wrong customer service would be bad.

I expect to good good service, should I need it.  Optics companies do not get any browny points from me for good customer service.  They do, however, lose some points for not providing it.  I view post-purchase customer support as an integral part of the product itself.

ILya
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2010 at 16:04
 Myself,I find reports of good vs bad CS too inconsistant for me to rely on.  Maybe I've just been lucky in having no CS problems. 
 If a product I'm interested in (fits a need FOR ME) is given a positive by guys I'm familiar with and trust who actually use them or test/review them,I'm going for it.

Edited by 300S&W - June/07/2010 at 16:14
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2010 at 16:06
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

Myself,I find reports of good vs bad CS too inconsistant to be relied on.  Maybe I've just been lucky.

It also has to do with how your approach your issues and who you talk to.  Calling with an attitude doesn't help you get your product fixed at all!
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2010 at 16:08
I've had both good and bad customer service from different companies and sometimes even from the same company.

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic