OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Beware!!! Bushnell Customer Service

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allcheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beware!!! Bushnell Customer Service
    Posted: April/27/2010 at 11:03

Beware of Bushnell customer service.

I purchased a new DMS and mounted it on my Titan Armory Xtreme upper.  After mounting the scope, I noticed that something looked a little bit odd.  It turns out that the eye piece of the scope was angled/bent, so I returned the scope to Bushnell.

The first time Bushnell returned the scope with a quote for the price of a replacement.  They stated that the scope was damaged.  Well no crap, that is why I sent it in for repair.  Bushnell did not pack the scope in any sort of padding for return shipment, which only increased the damage. 

I gave the repair shop a call and spoke with a customer service rep.  I explained that nothing had been done to damage the scope while in my possession, and that there was no evidence of damage on the exterior of the scope that would indicate any sort of rough handling.  Bushnell kindly sent a shipping sticker, and the scope was returned a second time.

I would lookup my lab repair number every so often to check on the status of the scope.  After a couple of weeks, the lab repair number no longer worked.  I called Bushnell to see why I could not check on the status of my scope any longer and had not received any other communication about the scope.  I was told that I could send $10 to have my scope returned or have it replaced for $188.  The reason for denial this time was that the “scope was damaged while mounting”.  I am still trying to think of how the eye piece on a DMS can be bent during the mounting process.

Oh well I guess – lesson learned.  Buy a scope from a manufacture that backs up there products like Vortex and Leupold.

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 11:12
Sorry to hear of your problems.  My 2 experiences with Bushnell have been excellent and I could not have asked for better.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 11:14
  First off,WELCOME to OT,allcheck.

Don't know what to tell ya.  I returned a new Dusk to Dawn this past winter that died after 7 shots on a hvy bbl .308 Handi-Rifle.  The crosshairs shifted to a 45 degree angle.  I had a new one in 6wks. Only cost was for me to ship it.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 11:19
I would call back and talk to a supervisor.  They will fix it eventually it may just be a headache and a lot of yelling. 
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 11:19
Oh and they have to send you the product back if they sent you the label to collect it.  They can't hold it hostage like that. 
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
allcheck View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allcheck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 12:16

SVT_Tactical

For the second return, the customer service rep got approval from her supervisor.  I may have to call back and ask for the supervisor and also speak with the employee who evaluated the scope.

As for the return of the scope, Bushnell does list a $10 fee on their website for warranty repair.  I think I may just have them keep it.

Like I said in my first post; I will stick with reputable scope manufactures that stand behind their products.

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 12:21
10-4  may i suggest Vortex,  top notch guys and customer service like you wouldn't believe
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 12:32
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

First off,WELCOME to OT,allcheck.

Don't know what to tell ya.  I returned a new Dusk to Dawn this past winter that died after 7 shots on a hvy bbl .308 Handi-Rifle.  The crosshairs shifted to a 45 degree angle.  I had a new one in 6wks. Only cost was for me to ship it.

I had a similar experience were the recticle just crumbled into a pile of crosshairs. I shipped it back to Bushnell and received a new scope no questions asked within a few weeks. The shipping cost was $5.00 or $10.00, I can't remember, it was a few years ago. IMHO, the CS was very good.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 19:49
If it was a new scope you should have contacted the seller to go back on the shipper. If the scope was damaged in shipping. Shipping damage is not a manufactures defect and that is the only thing covered by the manufactures warranty.
No journey is swift when you start out headed in the wrong direction,
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
powderburn View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 19:57
I recently sent back an older banner 2.5x that the crosshairs had fallen out of and were laying in the bottom of the scope. Bless their hearts they put the cross hairs back in place but to return it they just put it back loose in the box with no pkg to hold it in place and when it was I opened it the crosshairs were broken. They didn't charge me for repair but basically the scope is a loss. I have several Bushnell scopes but I probably won't be buying another. I think I
ll probably stick with leupold or redfield at this point.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 21:32
I give up. What is a Bushnell DMS ? ? ?
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 21:51
Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

I give up. What is a Bushnell DMS ? ? ?

Millett DMS-1, probably.  Bushnell bought Millett some time ago.

ILya
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 22:09
Thanks ILya
fishhawk View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2010 at 06:54
bushnell makes simmons,i bought a simmons with  side parallax adjustment and could not use it with WARNE fixed rings,the rings would bind the adjustment linkage.
 i changed rings and a couple of shots the scope went south on me,sent it back and they sent me a different scope thet had a lighted rect.  the switch did not work so i tossed the scope and will not buy another bushnell product.
  (i installed the WARNE rings with a WARNE torque wrinch at 24 inch. lbs.mfg. instructions)
FISH HAWK
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2010 at 07:19
Sorry to hear about your bad experiece with Bushnell.I had a problem with my Elite 6500,sent it back & had a brand new one in 2 weeks.The only thing that annoyed me was the fact that the scope was supposed to be able to ride a 50cal with no problems ,mine was mounted on a t/c 460 s&w mag and only lasted 68 rounds,they sent nothing telling me what caused the problem.Great scope & good cust.service,keep calling the supervisor & you will get it repaired ,as most will tell you on this sight they have had good experiences with Bushnell!
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
eurolynn View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eurolynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2010 at 07:44
Sorry to hear you had trouble with them.  I had to deal with them last year over a Millett scope (do I see a pattern here?), they were very helpful to me.

To be honest, the only time I had any bad things to say about customer service to an optics company is Burris.  I really like the optics they have, and the warranty. 

This was a while ago, but the customer service was atrocious!    But I was only trying to get a reticle changed, the scope was fine, so I didn't need the service.
"Guns aren't toys! They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face!"
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2010 at 07:54
I've heard nothing but horrow stories about the Millett DMS ...

but pretty consistent favorable stories about Bushnell service .. neighbor had a bushnell 3200 3-9 and dropped his 243 out of his deer stand and right on the scope. Big scratches on the tube and it wouldn't track anymore.. He sent it off to Bushnell, and 5 weeks later had a new one ( and his broken one was 5 or 6 years old ) .. Cost him $10 and he was thrilled.
brilite View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brilite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2010 at 16:48
Hi,
Exactly why I buy Leupold.
Outstanding product and unbeatable, responsive, service and support.
America First,
Brian
dhdoyle View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhdoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2010 at 03:05
Originally posted by brilite brilite wrote:

Hi,
Exactly why I buy Leupold.
Outstanding product and unbeatable, responsive, service and support.

OK. I have a couple 25-year old Leupold scopes on my hunting rifles. I bought them at the time because they had a reputation for NOT requiring service. However, this thread isn't about Leupold. It's about Bushnell.

Frankly, when I but something, I do it with the intention of never contacting customer service. I don't want great repair or warranty service. I want a product that works. When I read threads like this, I don't pay attention to the comments about how great their service is. I note how many posts mention that they had optics that required repairs. This thread has been fairly low on posts that mentioned sending their Bushnell scopes back. That's a good thing, I think.

I read one mega post on another board about a scope brand, how great their customer service was, and how the owner was a great guy to deal with. Everybody was really enthused. What everybody else missed was the enormous number of people who chimed in and said that they had to send their scope back. I don't care how great their support is. I don't want one of those!

stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2010 at 07:22
You do know If you never have a bad scope you will never know what a good one isNaughty
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic