OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikon Buckmaster vs. Elite 3200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onfinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nikon Buckmaster vs. Elite 3200
    Posted: April/26/2010 at 18:17
Aside from the Rainguard feature on the Elite 3200, which I will most likely never need, is there any significant difference in build and glass quality between the Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40 and the Elite 3200 5-15x40?
Lawnfella View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lawnfella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2010 at 19:21
I believe you will have a slight bit more clarity and low light brightness with the Nikon. Buckmasters are good scopes for the money, I have owned two and have been pleased with both.
ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2010 at 22:33
I spent quite a bit of time looking through both a 3200 and the Buckmaster.  The Bushnell seemed clearer and brighter to me.  
lewwetzel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewwetzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2010 at 23:20
I have a 6-18 SF Buckmaster and a 7-21 3200. My eyes tell me the Nikon is clearer and brighter, although it has a bit more "tunnel vision" and is a few oz. heavier. Both are good scopes; however, if  I had a "do-over", I'd spend a little more and get a Monarch 4-16X.
Bigdave View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2010 at 23:21
I owned a buckmaster and an elite 3200 at the same time, the buckmasters are gone, but I still have the 3200. The 3200 is brighter to me, the clarity is about the same.
De_Tomaso View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De_Tomaso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/2010 at 16:19
I owned Elite 3200 3-10x40 and Buckmasters 4-12x50 and I liked Buckmasters much more. It was obviously better in low light and also had better turrets. By zeroing the clicks on Nikon are easier to hear and also the feeling is better. Specially because the shape of the turrets on the Nikon is better.

I would not know how it is with both this two scopes on high power rifles. By my experiences 7x57R and .308 win presents no problem for both scopes, but I would put the Elite on something like 300wm or 8x68S. I might be wrong about this last part, but my feeling is that Elite handles harder recoil better.     
onfinal View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onfinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/2010 at 20:13
Thanks to all for your input.  Looks like the two scopes are comparable in just about every way.  Right now I'm leaning toward the Buckmaster but haven't picked up the phone yet, so I can still be swayed.
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/2010 at 05:24
I have both also, Both are good scopes, IMHO I feel that the 3200 is a little clearer, but in all fairness I like the NIKON too.........personal preference on your part either scope is good
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic