OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss conquest 40mm or 50mm??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 11:44
Save the money get the 40mm and spend the savings on some nice mounts and some butler creek flip ups. Then with whats left over take me out to dinner for saving you $200. Wink
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 11:46
Originally posted by m_freeman m_freeman wrote:

I have the 3x9x40 conquest the only complaint I have is my binos see better in low light than the scope. If I could I would go for the 50mm but I have aging eyes and the low light conditions are very challenging for me. If I ever find an extra 1500 to 2500 I am certianly going for low light performance. 
What binocluars do you have? What power was your scope on when you were comparing the 2? 
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 11:58
Part of that is you are looking through binos with 2 eyes yet your scope just one. 

But I know exactly what you mean, it sucks having really nice binos that you can see the game with just fine, but then when you pull up your scope you can barely tell they are there.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 12:10
The conquest is fully adequate to be able to see beyond legal shooting times if on the right power. Just my .02
bricat View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2010 at 12:53

Txaggie9307 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Txaggie9307 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2010 at 08:33
I forgot to mention that the 50 mm conquest I am looking at is the 3-9 50 with the rapiz z 600 reticle. I am able to get this scope for $500 nib. Will this rapid z set up be an all around better reticle than the z plex on a 3-9 x 40mm?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic