OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss Warranty Experiences?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyinggurnard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss Warranty Experiences?
    Posted: September/26/2005 at 14:19
Has anyone had any first-hand experience with the Zeiss Service Center in relation to Conquest scopes? I have a new 3-9x50 conquest that I mounted 3 days ago then sighted in yesterday. I was using the 9x magnification while firing, afterwards, while cleaning the gun, I returned the magnification back to 3x. I noticed some black "specks" in the field of view. Naturally I thought my scope was dirty and cleaned it with my Zeiss cleaning kit. When I finished cleaning it the specks were still there. While looking through the scope, I adjusted the magnification from 3-9 and found that the specks would become outside of the field of view @5x magnification. I called Zeiss and they told me to send it in. Has anyone heard of this happening? What is turn-around with the Zeiss warranty department? I will post my experience with the Zeiss warranty service as it evolves.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2005 at 17:51

My Conquest was sent back in and I believe that they sent me a brand new in less than 2 weeks.

I sent them a note saying that I had a mule deer hunt in NM that I was taking so it would mean a lot to me if they got it back pronto.

They did!!

I was treated very well by the fine folks at Zeiss.

Please post your results.

Welcome to OT. 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2005 at 17:55

BTW

Your black specks are probably dust particles. I have had this situation on a couple of scopes, including a US Optics SN-3. No big deal. 

flyinggurnard View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyinggurnard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2005 at 18:29

Cheaptrick,

Thanks for responding. If they are dust specks, do they move/go away? It doesn't affect the accuracy, I just didn't want to shovel out $500 and then have specks in my field of view. I guess I'm being anal retentive/picky. What would you have done in this situation? Thanks again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2005 at 19:09
Originally posted by flyinggurnard flyinggurnard wrote:

Cheaptrick,

Thanks for responding. If they are dust specks, do they move/go away? It doesn't affect the accuracy, I just didn't want to shovel out $500 and then have specks in my field of view. I guess I'm being anal retentive/picky. What would you have done in this situation? Thanks again.

I should have been more clear.

I would have sent it back too. No question. You paid good money for that scope, and it should be perfect.

No, they won't effect accuracy, but they will drive you crazy!!

Stud Duck View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stud Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2005 at 07:02

I have an aquaintance who had a problem with his Conquest, it was a minor problem, but I can't recall what it was.

Zeiss sent him a new scope within a week or two, no questions asked.

You done the right thing by returning your scope, I've returned scopes over arriving in an opened box! If I plunk down my money for a new scope, I want a new scope, not something the retailer has opened and played with.

Let us know how your Zeiss experience turns-out.

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyinggurnard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2005 at 21:35
Okay, Zeiss received my scope at their facility today (9/29/05) according to the tracking detail. I'll let you know when they contact me and what is said as soon as it happens. Thanks.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyinggurnard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/2005 at 05:38
Sorry for the delay, I was at Auburn for the game this past weekend. Zeiss called me on Friday 9/30/05 and told me they are replacing my scope with a new one. I'll let you know how long it is until I receive it.
Stud Duck View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stud Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/2005 at 05:43
Can't beat that. Even if it takes awhile.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyinggurnard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/04/2005 at 20:20
I have a brand new scope in hand, it was delivered by UPS from Zeiss today...Awesome service, exactly 8 days since I shipped my scope to them. WOW!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic