OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

egw rail/burris tactical mounts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingfool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: egw rail/burris tactical mounts
    Posted: April/23/2010 at 16:23
Can someone tell me if the Burriss tactical mounts are lower than the EGW 0 moa mount?Thanks.
DSP Rock Harbor
rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2010 at 05:34
 Burris 2 piece mounts are lower than a EGW mount, at least on my Savages.
froggy
fishingfool View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingfool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2010 at 22:24
Thanks Froggy it seems like I'am trying to look up when I put my cheek on the stock of my Model 12 LRPV which makes it very uncomfortable.Despite that I managed to shoot three,three shot groups that all bulletts touched each other with my handloads at a hundred yards.The forty gr.Vmax's it really seemed to like those with 37.5 grains of  Varget,very gratafying,thanks for your reply.
DSP Rock Harbor
rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2010 at 05:41
 I don't know the size of your scope but on my Savages I use Burris 2 pice base and either SS or Burris XTR rings. My scopes are 42mm &44mm objective lens and with the low rings there is still enough room for the lens covers. The tactical rings are made to different specs. than regular ones so the lows work out nicely for cheek weld.
 I think I saw somewhere in Burris pamphlet that their XTR low rings will work with scopes with up to 50 mm objectives.
froggy
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingfool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2010 at 18:19
I have SS 16x with Burriss Extreme Tactical low rings.
DSP Rock Harbor
rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 05:51
 Fishingfool I have a 7mm Savage model110FP that has EGW 0moa with the SS 20x on it with Burris XTR lows and the height is just a little higher than the 2 others with Burris bases and SS tactical rings(same as XTR), the 3 are all mod. 10FPLE. The cheek weld is fine for all of them and eye relief is right on. With the Savages eye relief was tough to get, with the Burris XTR bases I had to grind then file some off the rear base so that the adjusting ring could move. On the EGW one piece I had to cut the last section off the base so that the objective bell wasn't resting on it, real pia to get it right. On other Savages I own I use either 1 piece Leupold or the 2 piece Leupold bases and rings with no adjusting problems what so ever, but I like the look of the XTR better so I will probably use them again for the 260 rem build I am starting on a model 111 action with a Shilen barrel and a Boyds thumbhole stock.
froggy
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingfool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/2010 at 00:06
Froggy,I mounted a leather cheekpiece from Brownells and it does seem to help,although I have not shot the rifle since mounting.I too like the Burris XTR's.If the cheekpice is not quite enough I will try the Buriss mounts.Can't wait to get it all together,next is the right shooting rest.The 260 sounds really interesting keep me posted,I really like fast  stepping cartridges.
DSP Rock Harbor
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic