OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

32mm bino needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Rusty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 32mm bino needed
    Posted: September/28/2005 at 08:33

Stud Duck,

I can't help you with the Celestron, I do not know anyone with these binos.  I have looked through some of the Brunton, but I wasn't sure which Brunton model  8X32 I was looking through.  The Brunton was roughly equal to the Bushnell Legend.  I really like my Fujinon FMTR-SX.  I got them from competitor.  They are my poor mans Leica, as tough as, and better optically, but since they are porro prism, individual focus, and bulkier (they weigh 25 oz, not too bad), not quite as desireable as the top roof prisms.  However they were less than $400 too.  I feel they are great optics, and very usable for hunting or birding.

Try calling competitor or Optics4birding: http://www.optics4birding.com/reviews.aspx   to see if they can give you any information on the Brunton binos.

Rusty 

Edited by Rusty
Stud Duck View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stud Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2005 at 07:14

No doubt Rusty, I would almost bet they're using their equipment. 

Do you or anyone else have any experience with the Celestron Noble 8x32mm bins. They were recommended to me by an individual from a birding web site I frequent to gather info on binoculars. I checked them out on the web and they looked more promising than the Bruntons & the Brownings. They had pretty much all the same features as the other two except they carried a No-Fault lifetime warranty. (Not bad for a set of cheapies.)

Rusty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2005 at 15:03

The Browning is a alightly repackaged Bushnell Legend, a good binocular for the money.  I do not have experience with the Brunton.

I'll bet Gremlin and Ranburr are out using their equipment, hunting.

Rusty

Stud Duck View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stud Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/27/2005 at 12:55

Does anyone have any experience with the Browning 8x32mm or the Brunton Echo 8x32mm bins? I've kinda narrowed it down to them unless someone has a better option for the money or that they're just junk.

Thanks Rusty, I'll check those out.

Gremlin & Ranburr where are you? 

Edited by Stud Duck
Rusty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2005 at 16:57

Stud Duck,

The Fujinon 8X30 FMTR-SX can't be beat for under $400.  They are waterproof and have great optics. 

Rusty 

Stud Duck View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stud Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/26/2005 at 12:20

Can anyone recommend a quality mid-priced 32mm bino?

I just purchased a set of SLC's so my budget is a little tight, Don't want to spend much over $300.00, but I would like something that will offer a decent view and little to no stray light. The binos will be used during turkey season in WV (for the occasional look) & general use. (Times when I don't want to use & beat-up my SLC's)

My only preference is that the binos must have twist-up eyecups & be in 8X....

Does anyone have any experience with the Zeiss Diafun binoculars or the Steiner Navigators? I'm sure there is better out there for less, but I seen some Navigators on the sample list for $179.00 & I was just curious about the Zeiss's.

As always, thanks in advance.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic