OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CZ 452 Lux + CZ 1" Rings @ 0.555" = Max Objective?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

CZ 452 Lux + CZ 1" Rings @ 0.555" = Max Objective?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonwinston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CZ 452 Lux + CZ 1" Rings @ 0.555" = Max Objective?
    Posted: April/21/2010 at 00:30
Thanks for reading! Smilie

I'm looking to add a part-time scope to my CZ 452 Lux. I've got the CZ 1" rings that have a height of 0.555". I'll probably remove the rear leaf sight, which should give me a few more mm clearance.

I'm hoping that someone w/much more experience than me can tell me what objective size is the biggest I can fit on my rifle, please? 
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2010 at 10:41
I have a 452 trainer i just tested some ammo on.  The rings I bought have this spec
Ring Height: 1.06; (measured from base of ring to bottom of scope tube)
and I was able to get a 40mm on there without removing my rear sight.    I didnt' measure the distance from scope to barrel but here is a picture....  Hope this helps.  I would think with the sight removed a 50mm would have fit but can't assure you of that.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2010 at 11:11

Those are the Leupold see thru rings aren't they?

http://swfa.com/Leupold-Rifleman-Rimfire-Detachable-See-Thru-Rings-P3114.aspx

Doing it that way still allows open sights for close in, and optics for ranged shooting. It's my personal favorite set-up.

If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2010 at 11:13
yep
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
masonwinston View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonwinston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2010 at 14:30
How do you guys feel about the BKL 257 series rings? Specifically, the 257 standard (Bottom of mount to bottom of scope tube: 0.774") or 257 high (Bottom of mount to bottom of scope tube: 0.974")?

Also considering the BKL "double strap" rings, if those would provide a more stable hold on my scope.
masonwinston View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonwinston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2010 at 14:31
Shoot - here's the link to the BKL page w/all of those rings on it. http://www.bkltech.com/category_s/57.htm?searching=Y&sort=7&cat=57&show=90&page=1
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2010 at 15:24

Ummmmm... it's a .22  me thinks double strapped rings to be a bit overkill. "It's not my gun though, and you should do what makes you happiest" 

I've never used the rings you linked to, sorry.

If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2010 at 15:25
I would suspect that a 44mm should be a decent fit. The barrel contour, and reciever height may make a 50 doable, but I wouldn't bet on that. Bear also in mind that the scopes length which places the objective closer or further along the contour makes a difference as well.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/02/2010 at 10:27
I have never had a CZ although, I always wanted one.  I understand that to remove the rear sight is kinda like building the Hoover Dam.............real bloody difficult.  Mount a scope past it or over the top of it.   It's a 22.   
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2010 at 21:32
The rear sights aren't usually the clearance problem on a CZ unless you want to run a 50mm objective. It's the huge bolt throw. You'd think they were trying to contain a 460WBY and not a 22LR. The bolt clearing the ocular bell is why the lowest rings are so high. 

Edited by sholling - May/21/2010 at 21:33
NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
Flipper66 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flipper66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2012 at 18:10
Hey, I am looking for scope rings for my CZ 452 trainer and a lux...will the Leupold rings fit the 11mm dovetail on my CZ? When I go to the link it says they are 3/8's only...I want the see through rings like in the picture...Thanks!
Philbrwn
DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2012 at 20:59
44mm on mine. Vortex Viper HS. You do have to tap out the leaf, tho, and you may need to get a modified bolt handle depending on the ocular bell. My 22WMR rubs ever so slightly. My rings are medium, but I can't remember if I went with warne or Leupold. Sorry.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/17/2012 at 07:34
http://www.talleymanufacturing.com/ 
Talley makes nice rings for your 11mm rail and highly reccommend them ...... 
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic