OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

There goes the gun money...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: There goes the gun money...
    Posted: April/15/2010 at 16:47
Ain't life grand? Last week I had a toothache. I've never had one before, and it wasn't much fun. Anyhow, I went to my regular Dentist. After diagnosing the issue, she sent me to an Endodontist for a second opinion. Well, bummer, had to have a root canal ($950). Now, that's done, so back to the regular Dentist. The affected tooth was under a old, double crown that would now need to be re-done ($2000). Crap. So, both fixes plus three Dr. visits and I just pizzed away about $3100. Don't have an HSA or dental coverage... only a good medical coverage. So, it's straight out-of-pocket. Good grief. There will be no guns or optics any time soon!Sad
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2010 at 17:07
Hate to hear that Ric.
I've seen the time I would have gladly paid most any price to get away from the pain of a toothache though.  
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2010 at 17:19
Hate it for you man. 
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2010 at 17:20
Bummer. Guess that's what you call "gum" money. Dentist probably ran into the endodontist at either a boat or Harley dealership this afternoon.
Reaction time is a factor...
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2010 at 17:28
I know what you mean it seems like something always comes up and evaporates the toy fund.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2010 at 18:08
  I can relate to that!  My wife's into the dentist for a couple grand already and she's no where near done.

"There will be no guns or optics any time soon!Sad "  What about FOOD!!

"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2010 at 19:32
LOL you wanna see my dental bill i'm gonna get.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2010 at 20:11
i would rather have it jerked out than have a root canal.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2010 at 20:28
$20 
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2010 at 20:29

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2010 at 04:57
That is a bummer.

That is very expensive dental work. You could have flown to South Africa, had the dental work done and had some change left for a hunt!!!!

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2010 at 06:15

Shocked!!!
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2010 at 11:35
I had never had a root canal before either. It wasn't fun, but certainly not as bad as it could have been. I swear, everything (it seems so anyway) on my body either hurts or is falling apart. 
               Anomymous
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2010 at 12:33
Amen to that, falling apart faster and faster too!  I was a Tetracylcine baby....which means I have little to no enamel on my teeth.   Everytooth except 4 is currently crowned and I've had 10 root canals cause I am on my 3rd set of crowns.  I started with them at 16yrs of age!  Now I am on my 3rd set.  The wonders of modern medicine!

Edited by budperm - April/16/2010 at 12:33
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2010 at 12:47
Dang bud you got some FUBARed teeth
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2010 at 13:02
Yaeh, I have more hours in the chair than most pilots! Cencored
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2010 at 15:37
At least my Dentist has some hottie assistants to grapple with...LOL.
               Anomymous
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2010 at 07:40
Did some-one say "TOOTH" ?????????????

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2010 at 07:57
Laugh Above
Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2010 at 10:55
Dentists... Fooey!  My wife is a dental assistant and works for a guy who brings in about a million a month... hasnt given her a raise in 7 years.... 
Last year I missed an antelope hunt in Wyoming cause my daughter's wisdom teeth had to come out "all of a sudden"... $2500.00...Really Sad

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic